News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine Speciality Badges in Wear

On ‎23‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 23:01, LarryT said:

Thanks guys.:)

Still a very long way to go. Seems to be harder these days to find new patches. Concentrating on cloth at the moment.

Cheers,

Larry

You have some very Nice speciality  badges.Looking forward to see Your Collection GROWING!

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice photo showing Gun Turret Chief with I think 3 years service (I can only see one chevron).:) Hard to find this type of specialty patch in photos.

Here is the same combination from my collection but is Gun Turret Chief with 6 years service.

Cheers,

Larry

img299wer.jpg

Edited by LarryT

2 hours ago, LarryT said:

Very nice photo showing Gun Turret Chief with I think 3 years service (I can only see one chevron).:) Hard to find this type of specialty patch in photos.

Here is the same combination from my collection but is Gun Turret Chief with 6 years service.

Cheers,

Larry

img299wer.jpg

Glad you like my photo.Yes there is only one Chevron.Thanks for sharing these combination With us.

Cheers,Morten HP.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Not a trade badge, but the badge of lower deck personnel of the NDL (Norddeutscher Lloyd), the shipping company which exploited some of the the KdF (Kraft durch Freude) ships, also when they were transferred into Hospital Ships.

This guy was a NCO of the holliday cruiser "Berlin", also when she wore the Red Cross. The badge shows a crossed clear anchor and key (the Key is in the crest of the City of Bremen, the base of the NDL). His black velvet collar denotes engine Room Staff.

@KaF Schiff Berlin (1).jpg

Edited by Odulf

On ‎23‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 10:16, Martin W said:

Merry Christmas to you Morten.

Good hunting for more photo's in the New Year.

All the best from California.

Martin.

Thanks.Hunting evry day my friend!

On ‎24‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 17:02, Odulf said:

Not a trade badge, but the badge of lower deck personnel of the NDL (Norddeutscher Lloyd), the shipping company which exploited some of the the KdF (Kraft durch Freude) ships, also when they were transferred into Hospital Ships.

This guy was a NCO of the holliday cruiser "Berlin", also when she wore the Red Cross. The badge shows a crossed clear anchor and key (the Key is in the crest of the City of Bremen, the base of the NDL). His black velvet collar denotes engine Room Staff.

@KaF Schiff Berlin (1).jpg

Never seen this before.Very interesting and thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
    On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 02:45, LarryT said:

Nice photo,Odulf. I have also not seen this badge in wear in a photo.

Here is an Officer Candidate with Machinist career patch in wear.

Cheers,

Larry

img1141.jpg

Wow.very Nice.Thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice photo Odulf, thanks for posting it here.:)

Here is a Press Photo (dated 5-6-39) showing Grossadmiral Raeder awarding a Wound Medal to a crew member of Panzerschiff Deutschland.

Note the wearing of a Geschutzfuhrer T (Turmgeschutz) specialty patch. This patch was discontinued in 1940.

Cheers,

Larry 

img121b.jpg

Back of photo.

img122.jpg

Interesting press photo Larry, thanks for sharing. I think Reader is not distributing the Verwundetenabzeichen but the Spanienkreuz.

The text says (translated)

Presenting the badge of honour, as instituted by the Führer, to the volunteers in Döberitz Camp.

Grand-Admiral Raeder issues the wounded of the Armoured Ship Deutschland, the award of honour, as instituted by the Führer.

The Wound Badge was (re) instituted on 1 september 1939, three months later.

Edited by Odulf

10 minutes ago, Odulf said:

Interesting press photo Larry, thanks for sharing. I think Reader is not distributing the Verwundetenabzeichen but the Spanienkreuz.

The text says (translated)

Presenting the badge of honour, as instituted by the Führer, to the volunteers in Döberitz Camp.

Grand-Admiral Raeder issues the wounded of the Armoured Ship Deutschland, the award of honour, as instituted by the Führer.

The Wound Badge was (re) instituted on 1 september 1939, three months later.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,

Larry

I think these are HK Hilfskreuzer Pinguin Survivors at a ceremony in the 1970s. From an album which includes many older photos and one negative. The negative appears to be a portrait with the medal being worn and I will post it here as soon as I can get it developed.

IMG_20161230_0008 (800x549).jpg

Edited by robmac