News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Which headgear with a Litewka?

I think blue, black or gray trousers were worn with the litewka. I may be wrong as for black trousers and Bavarian officers...

Your blue visor looks suitable, if your litewka has loops for awards I would sport a field gray cap and trousers but I don't know for certain. I'm still searching period photos of litewka In wartime. 

I swear that several photos of the Prussian style litewka show black trousers worn. 

Edited by ccj

Karl Emil Schäfer

tell me, what color litewka and what color trousers? Looks to me like his litewka and visor are same color but his pants are very dark. He was a Jäger before a pilot.

image.jpeg

Edited by ccj

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Emil Schäfer, born 17.12.1891 in Krefeld, KIA june 5, 1917 as a pilot in Jasta 28 near Ypres, Zandvoorde.

He was downed  by lt. Satchell and 2nd Lt. Lewis from 20th squadron.

Born in Krefeld, he was prussian.

I´m a little bit confused with the Litewka. As far as I know, only bavarian Litewkas had covered buttons, but they had only a single breast-pocket like in this photo, but not the two pockets below. And they didn´t have collar patches...