News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As mentioned before, I have recently aquired 2 small rooms in the basement to display my stuff. With the exception of the wifes grandfather's Kriegsmarine01r2.jpg01r3.jpg01r4.jpg01r5.jpg01r6.jpg stuff, it will be purely 14-18... first step was bars for the windows. 2nd step will be making it childproof from the inside.... slowly the first room begins to take shape....

I am in awe just with this "taking shape" shot.  Impressive.  I knew you were a serious collector, but I think most of us could be lost for hours/days in your "two small rooms" exploring your treasures.

Only one suggestion...  You still need a corner that looks something like this...

099850836fb9929597c9ad0306cd529e.jpg

Nice Chris!!

I wholeheartedly agree with the child proofing!  My man cave now has a "dance floor" in the middle; along with some Barbies and Disney dolls (I mean, who DOESNT need Disney in their war room?).  And we have discussed why we don't wear WW1 flight goggles while we run through the house :)

Is that a white regimental flag I see in the back of one photo??

Nice

Chris how about getting some period photos and having them blown to large posters, I've seen it before looks very dramatic doesn't matter if they covered a bit, like a wall paper backdrop.

Eric

I am slowly advancing with the project.

One thing is clear... I am still lacking space :-(

Is it better to cramp things in and get a maximum shown, or leave stuff in the closet and have a nicer display?

I must admit, Adler's bunker knocked me off my feet and allowed me to see the limitations of my own bunker, but I comfortaed myself with the thought that I am actually a document collector and these goodies are just to add color.

I finished the MG and MW stuff yesterday, will get a photo up tonight.

I´d say, display your favourite stuff nicely and keep something in the closet, if necessary. 

Its tough, if you are a document collector and want to display your stuff. You run out of space very quickly.

Do you remember these selling stands for posters? Where they were framed individually and you could flip through them like a book? Maybe you can build something like that for your docs, shouldn´t be too complicated?

Chris, in my humble opinion you have to think of the bunker as an ongoing work in progress... The more pictures you show, the more I like your bunker!

It is indeed hard to display paperwork, it just takes so much space to do it properly, but since you have enough hardware to show, I would concentrate the displays on that and keep the paperwork in some nice binders and maps. Of course the nice ones can complete the displays and will give it just that extra power...

Keep up the good work!

Adler 1

Hi,

I will eventually get to detail ;-) At the moment it is like Ground Zero at Hiroshima, things going up, things going down, then up again, then moved again....

trying to get it all to fit in. Adler hits the nail right on the head... a total work in progress!!!!

a marvelous room! 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 01:10, Chris Boonzaier said:

Is it better to cramp things in and get a maximum shown, or leave stuff in the closet and have a nicer display?

a rhetorical question?  Every collector must do what they seem fitting. 

As for myself, I don't look at my collection the way an Interior Decorator would.  Pieces may overlap and be partially obscured, but I want them out where I can view them.