News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

My buddy at 86 is starting to thin out his collection and gave me this SA kepi .

to me this looks like a good original to me , but I am a kriegsmarine guy and I am no  expert on the SA . What are your opinions ? This hat is very old and in very frail condition . The sweatband leather is just about to the point of falling apart . I had to glue the broken chin strap as it was falling apart . I have my doubts about the chin strap as I have never seen a kepi with this exact strap before . The two chin strap buttons are removable .

best regards

joetauchretter 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by joetauchretter
    change spelling

Hello,

Comments ? Good or bad is always welcome ! I am only interested in what could be wrong with this hat such as part or parts that may have been replaced etc. I will not be selling this kepi so information is for my education in this field only.

best regards

Joetauchretter

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry to say that I do not know much about the SA, but from what experience I have with LW items, the hat itself looks great.  Again, I stress that I am not an SA collector, but I do agree that the chinstrap looks very different from what I am used to seeing.

Check out the chinstrap on this one:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Political/photos/N022560.html

I can tell you that you did really well to earn this gift!