News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Morocoo Forgeries

stupot

I hope this helps other collectors.. I recently purchased two Spanish Morocco Campaign 'medals' from and ebay seller using the name bulphalera. I did take a chance really which I now regret.

One has a bronzed appearance with the clasp Melilla, the second silvered with crossed red stripes upon the ribbon.

Both of the so-called medals are cast forgeries with file marks on the rim, soapy appearance & blow holes and edge flaws. Both are coated over what I would term 'pot metal'. There are

a couple of scratches on the bronze coloured piece showing the  bright soft metal beneath.  The green ribbon is nicely watered with good colour

I am in the process of trying to get a refund through ebay.

The seller is adamant of course that the items are '100% genuine' Also, the seller has re-listed the Melilla medal - which is identical to mine, I mean identical..

Hope others will spread the information to stop others falling into the trap.

false.JPG

melilla2.JPG

melilla1.JPG

false4.JPG