News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hard Serbian Miloš Obilić Medal for Bravery

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful collection! I just now noticed that the first silver medal is that numbered one you showed us once before.
    Did you happen to find out something more about it in the meantime? I think that's the only one I've seen with number so far.

• 8 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much, those catalogs might help us find the missing piece of the puzzle! 

Let's start for the beginning, WW1 Commemorative Medal, Rob showed us one example from his collection with the following description: "It has been tentatively attributed to the French manufacturer, located in Paris, M. Delande although this has yet to be confirmed." Here's a comparison.

01.jpg.59bd32876460014f0e1732cb574abb64.jpg
    02.JPG.0fa1064a38dfc05d0d0c417770a952eb.JPG

Photo found here.

Edited by paja

Albanian Retreat Medal, this particular example is published in Car/Muhić book with the following description "Minted with the same mold as C Marey's but without signature and partially silvered." Photos published by the author on a certain Slovenian forum.
    Comparison - the resemblance is more than obvious.

03.JPG.d3eaf30a76490362d0cad2da350d7a98.JPG
    04.JPG.d034d2ab62abccaffe6a2f6a50af754f.JPG

We can see Karađorđe Star with Swords in the catalog, it's enameled (!) soldiers' order (clearly visible inscription ЗА ХРАБРОСТ - For Bravery). That reminded me of couple of decorations we discussed earler. Photos of this examples were found on emedals, "unmarked, of unusual manufacture (probably French)."
    Back side is being represented as front in the catalog and it looks like they switched the central medallions...
    Order from emedals is "for bravery" but doesn't have swords, looks like there was a huge mix up in the workshop that made these...

100.JPG.a51b38e2c0c83825caa6f4af289cffcb.JPG
    101.jpg.e3fa03c9c94c09ccb265ad7b4c40b933.jpg

Edited by paja

Here's one with swords, central medallions are switched just as in illustration. The only difference are the swords, on illustration they are on the back and here on the front side. 
    I'm convinced these two were made by the same producer - Delande!

120.JPG.a00cbd1b07c03c7ccdc0dfe3f6e8f268.JPG

Edited by paja

• 2 months later...