News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions sought on K&Q Knights Cross

I would really appreciate some opinions please .

I have purchased this this KC which appears to be a Klein & Quencer piece .I am unsure of it and a few things worry me as follows:

1. The Swastika does not have nice square ends to the arms 

2. The numbers "3" and " 9" in 1939 and 1813 do not have the distinctive curl-back at the bottom .

3 . All the corners of the beading seem worn and loose distinction of the beading.

4. The marks "800" and"65" on the split ring are punched on the side of the wire ,instead of the front ,and the "800" is punched upside down compared to the "65"

5. The size at 49.2 x 54.5  varies from the spectrum of sizes I have seen on other wartime "65 "pieces .I found about 15 on the e-medal website to compare.

6.The remnants of filing marks to the top of the eye should not be there.

Could this be a post 1957 K&Q piece that has had the swastika added perhaps.?Maybe it is a KC by another maker?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 8 months later...