News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin's

Guest Darrell

• Replies 121
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one isn't mine, but it is definately cool. This fellow was known as the "father" of the Soviet combine! Enjoy!

Dave,

Nice pic :cheers:

"...the Soviet combine..." Don't get it! What does it mean?

I know what "combine" means in french but not sure at all if it has the same meaning in english! :unsure:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Dolf-

A combine is a machine that can harvest wheat. He was the lead inventor of this giant machine. Probably would have gotten him an HSL if he had done it 15 years later...

The reverse...

Dave,

Ok, thanks :o

Not at all the same meaning as in french indeed :D

Dolf

Here's a page from a book that was included with it. He's at the top of the list. Most of these men were arrested in the late 1930s... the ones crossed out didn't make it back...

"Only" two out of 11 (as it seems)? I guess they were lucky! I believe that in the purges of that period the average would be higher than that... :(

Dolf

Back in "the day" one could be really picky about groups they bought. I wouldn't touch a group that was missing a Lenin. This group included these five documented Red Banners and a Kutuzov 2nd. Price: $4000. But, the Lenin was missing, so I passed on it... :speechless::speechless:

So, you ask... "Why did you buy this group?"

Thanks for asking! Here's your answer- Look at those crazily renumbered awards! Those are the first (and only) ones that I've ever seen renumbered like that.

Guest Darrell

Great examples guys ... that's what I wanted. Everyone's got something different. No matter how large or how small. Keep them coming :love:

Hi Doc, the badge is an "Honored Employee of The NKVD. Dudeman, yes, pretty sure on this one. The entire group was purchased direct from the family in Giorgia. The only thing they did not sell was the book for the NKVD Badge, however they did eventually give up a copy. The Orders book was issued with only the 2 Red Stars entered. The other awards all date/entered after the issue.

Numbers and dates do fit logically into the known sequence/records currently available.