News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi again everyone!

Just going through some of my recent purchases and I have been wondering about my China Campaign Medal I picked up.  It wasn't until today that I noticed that the ribbon wasn't correct.  It's missing the second white stripe in the middle.  Also, the campaign clasp seems to be a little "cheaply made" to me.  I'm not too concerned about the ribbon as it is definitely old and dirty (just curious as to what ribbon it actually is for), but I do want your opinions on the clasp and the medal...

Thank for you time!

Jason

China Campaign Medal.jpg

China Campaign Medal (reverse).jpg

Ah, thanks for the ribbon info!  I thought it looked familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.  No, didn't spend too much on it.  I think what I'll do is find a Neufchatel medal, and give the mount the medal it deserves.  I believe the medal itself to be OK, so I just might up selling the medal and finding another mounting that is correct.

Thanks again!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved!!  I removed the fake bar, sold the medal (as I only collect medals that are court/parade mounted), and found a Prussian Commemorative Medal for Neufchatel.  Here's the finished product...

Jason

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

• 1 month later...

I contacted the seller and he claims it's 100% original because "it's in steel" and "non-combatants are in steel".  I sent him photos of the reverse of each medal and said that I wasn't aware of any non-combatants with a combatants reverse, or combatants medals in silvered steel.  No reply yet...

Jason