News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I sent him a message condemning him for his stupidity with a link to this thread. The irony is that in some ignorant attempt to make more money he failed to realize that the group intact would garner more money than the sum of it ripped apart pieces.

Unfortunately, eBay has more than its fair share of imbeciles and charlatans.

extremely unfortunate, but why on earth would you send the person a link to this thread? it's not going to educate or inform the seller--it's just going to make the person feel insulted and defensive...perhaps the seller didn't do it on purpose.

not that it matters, but chances are the seller is a woman. i'm basing that idea on the other items the seller has listed.

being rude to the seller is a waste of time, presumptuous, and not polite at all.

yes, you are guilty of of being a bit of a bully to people you don't know, and to newcomers to this forum and on the WAF.

also, i have read the derogatory comments you have made elsewhere about this forum. would you like me to post a link, so that everyone can read how you really regard the membership of GMIC?

there is nothing wrong with criticism as long as it is constructive. we are all passionate about history in our own ways, but when you resort to berating people, you don't accomplish anything other than coming across as an asshat

11 hours ago, bolewts58 said:

he failed to realize that the group intact would garner more money than the sum of it ripped apart pieces.

The most unfortunate thing is that this is not true.

I've found that unless a bar is identifiable, or if the combination is very unusual, it usually sells for less than the sum of its parts.

Have others noticed a different pattern?

1 minute ago, Streptile said:

I've found that unless a bar is identifiable, or if the combination is very unusual, it usually sells for less than the sum of its parts.

That is a sad fact that is true... goes for some dokument groups as well.

2 hours ago, Eric Stahlhut said:

yes, you are guilty of of being a bit of a bully to people you don't know, and to newcomers to this forum and on the WAF.

also, i have read the derogatory comments you have made elsewhere about this forum. would you like me to post a link, so that everyone can read how you really regard the membership of GMIC?

there is nothing wrong with criticism as long as it is constructive. we are all passionate about history in our own ways, but when you resort to berating people, you don't accomplish anything other than coming across as an asshat

I have gotten carried away a few times on WAF and I have admitted as such and apologized when I have crossed the line. The few times I have been guilty of this, I have accepted criticism for it. I haven't denigrated this forum, so much as to point out perhaps not in the most eloquent of terms, the difference between it and WAF, as others have done as well: that GMIC is scholarly, but sometimes a bit highbrow and stuffy (not necessarily a bad thing) and WAF is more of an everyman forum. Just my opinion and nothing more, but an opinion that has been expressed by others. I admit I have strong opinions. But, I think I express them for the most part politely and have imparted a considerable amount of valuable information over the years. I have obviously rubbed you the wrong way. But, if I was the bully you say I am, I would have been banned from WAF. I hardly ever post here. So, I don't think, unless I'm mistaken that I've said much untoward to anyone here. But, if I have, I apologize.

Perhaps, I'll just stick to WAF and not post here anymore.

1 hour ago, Streptile said:

I stand corrected on this and agree with Chris that sadly document groups get more when they are broken up.

Given the first award on the bar was a KO with Swords for service in China or Africa isn't possible to ID the wearer?

6 hours ago, dond said:

Given the first award on the bar was a KO with Swords for service in China or Africa isn't possible to ID the wearer?

Hi,

it could be identifiable. We have the Stanislaus ribbon on the last position! So it could be the Stanislaus 3rd class with swords. Some german fighter's received that award for their participation on the battle of the Peitang-Forts! Not many of them fought also in German-Southwestafrica! So may be identifiable. 

Best regards 

Karsten