News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistan Medals

Riley1965

Ref: ISPR booklet on PK medals, etc.

No, I don't have it. Beg, grovel, . . . .

Some day I ponder a book on Pakistani ODM, but the sources are SOOOOO thin, even in Islamabad.

Hi, Ed,

Have you gotten a copy in the interim? If not, would you like scans of the 20-ish pages on medals?

Hugh

• Replies 111
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Hugh

If you're scanning the booklet for Ed could you please also email me a copy ??

Always looking for reliable sources of Commonwealth post-independence ODM.

Regards

Graeme (NZ)

Ref: ISPR booklet on PK medals, etc.

Hi, Ed,

Have you gotten a copy in the interim? If not, would you like scans of the 20-ish pages on medals?

Hugh

Hello Hugh

If you're scanning the booklet for Ed could you please also email me a copy ??

Always looking for reliable sources of Commonwealth post-independence ODM.

Regards

Graeme (NZ)

Perhaps I should just post here? Is that appropriate?

Hugh

OK, a little help here, please. I just scanned the first page at 300 dpi, and the file is 26+ MB. Using an HP C6180 All-in One. I know how to resize pictures, but what's the best way to get this down to a manageable size without losing all resolution?

Thanks,

Hugh

OK, a little help here, please. I just scanned the first page at 300 dpi, and the file is 26+ MB. Using an HP C6180 All-in One. I know how to resize pictures, but what's the best way to get this down to a manageable size without losing all resolution?

Thanks,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

I hope Doc can help as I am still in the stone age when it comes to scanning.

Regards

Brian

Hi Hugh,

I hope Doc can help as I am still in the stone age when it comes to scanning.

Regards

Brian

Hugh,

I resize my pics to 640 X 480 pixels. It meets the size limits of the forums and maintains a good reolution.

:beer: Doc

Hugh,

I resize my pics to 640 X 480 pixels. It meets the size limits of the forums and maintains a good reolution.

I normally resize using Irfan. Does it work just as well on scans like this? My pictures are normally 1+ MB before resizing, and this scan is 26 MB.

Hugh

I normally resize using Irfan. Does it work just as well on scans like this? My pictures are normally 1+ MB before resizing, and this scan is 26 MB.

Hugh

Hugh,

I use Irfan View myself. Just click on Image, Click on resize/resample and then click 640 X 480. The resolution is just fine. I would try to adjust the size to get as close to 150kb as possible.

Hugh,

I use Irfan View myself. Just click on Image, Click on resize/resample and then click 640 X 480. The resolution is just fine. I would try to adjust the size to get as close to 150kb as possible.

Thanks, Doc, I had tried it and don't have an Irfan option. I think I'll have to rescan as an image.

Appreciate the tutorial.

H

Depending on the layout of the page in question, it might provide a better result if you carve it up into sections - e.g. if there's a row of medals you might do individual pictures.

I did this to good effect with someone's posters of Singapore medals & badges a while back. Will oblige for you if you want.

Depending on the layout of the page in question, it might provide a better result if you carve it up into sections - e.g. if there's a row of medals you might do individual pictures.

I did this to good effect with someone's posters of Singapore medals & badges a while back. Will oblige for you if you want.

Thanks, Megan. Will give it a go tonight.

Hugh

OK, here goes. Pakistan ODM, taken from the booklet "Pakistan Army". Attribution shown in the pages to be posted. No date available, but I got it in Rawalpindi in the mid to late '80's.

Nishan (banner, Hilal (crescent) and Sitara (star) is the normal progression amongst Pakistani orders. Some may disagree with the spellings, but I've taken them from the Army documents.

Unlike the UK, it appears that the MID device is not mounted on the relevant campaign medal, but on a separate rusty-brown ribbon. Not sure where the wound stripes are worn.