News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German patriotic insignia

Can anyone tell me something about this German patriotic insignia? Also would anyone have an idea what type of medal would have on on this suspension?

Patriotic Medal.jpg

Patriotic ribbon.jpg

You're in the wrong forum. This should have been posted on the Germany: Imperial: The Orders, Decorations and Medals of The Imperial German States forum.

The first one is the Deutscher Krieger Bund which was formed in 1876 as a national veteran's association for enlisted men. The metal suspender was generic and was usually customized with a local chapter's membership cross or medal. The cross on yours is likely some sort of generic patriotic commemorative, maybe in honour of Wilhelm II's assession to the throne in 1888, or is maybe just some sort of loyalty cross.

The trifold ribbon could have been used for any number of patriotic medals. It's hard to say.

Edited by bolewts58

Many thanks. Sorry about the wrong forum. My Grandfather was in the K.uK. kriegmarine UBoats. I believe he may have joined after WW1.

Bill

Edited by WJT