News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lets see those German Tunics and Waffenrocks with Trade Badges

Lately I have been reading about the special trades (and patches associated with them) for the entire Wehrmacht.  I am assuming some of you have some amazing tunics out there that have trade badges on them.  What was the regulation of where they were supposed to be located on the sleeve.  I have seen some on the lower Right, lower left, and upper right on the sleeves.  I am a little confuse with their placement.  I thought that all trade insignia were located on the lower left of the sleeve on tunics and waffenrocks.

if you have one of these tunics I would love to see it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my topic.  I am looking forward to a great conversation.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 24.7.2016 at 01:33, ostprussenmann_new said:

Lately I have been reading about the special trades (and patches associated with them) for the entire Wehrmacht.  I am assuming some of you have some amazing tunics out there that have trade badges on them.  What was the regulation of where they were supposed to be located on the sleeve.  I have seen some on the lower Right, lower left, and upper right on the sleeves.  I am a little confuse with their placement.  I thought that all trade insignia were located on the lower left of the sleeve on tunics and waffenrocks.

if you have one of these tunics I would love to see it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my topic.  I am looking forward to a great conversation.

Hi, I´m not sure what you´re looking for?!

UIMG_0017b.jpg

A thing like that?
    Regards
    Andreas

2 minutes ago, dedehansen said:

Hi, I´m not sure what you´re looking for?!

UIMG_0017b.jpg

A thing like that?
    Regards
    Andreas

Andreas, That is exactly what I was looking for and thank you for posting.  I find it interesting that I have seen some photos of these "trade badges" on either arm lower and upper sleeves.  A collector friend of my mine stated that he believed they were supposed to be posted on the upper Right sleeve, however I saw some on the lower sleeves. So I figured that I would get a correct answer (with examples) on here.  Was there an actual regulation for this?  The photo that you so kindly shared is for an infantry radio operator correct?

19 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi, I´ve never before been at the MAX show

U Gallus Oberschirrmeister Krad Batl 15 c.jpg

I believe that is the badge for geprüfter Schirrmeister on a Paradewaffenrock

Regards
    Andreas

That looks pretty sharp Andreas.  I am so confused on the many different placements of these badges.  Was there a regulation on placement of these?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Trade badges were supposed to be worn on the lower left sleeve. Signal Qualification badges,signal blitzes, were worn on the right sleeve centered between the elbow and shoulder unless there was a rank patch worn. It was then worn above the rank patch. The drivers qualification badge was worn on the lower left sleeve. Brian Davis has a great section referring to Heer trade badges in his book GERMAN ARMY UNIFORMS AND INSIGNIA 1933-1945   John Angolia and Adolf Schlicht take it in depth in their book UNIFORMS AND TRADITIONS OF THE GERMAN ARMY 1933-1945.

Here are some examples that I have.

Fred

DSCN6081 (1024x768).jpg

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 22:16, Fred Green said:

Hello,

Trade badges were supposed to be worn on the lower left sleeve. Signal Qualification badges,signal blitzes, were worn on the right sleeve centered between the elbow and shoulder unless there was a rank patch worn. It was then worn above the rank patch. The drivers qualification badge was worn on the lower left sleeve. Brian Davis has a great section referring to Heer trade badges in his book GERMAN ARMY UNIFORMS AND INSIGNIA 1933-1945   John Angolia and Adolf Schlicht take it in depth in their book UNIFORMS AND TRADITIONS OF THE GERMAN ARMY 1933-1945.

Here are some examples that I have.

Fred

DSCN6081 (1024x768).jpg

Thanks for the clarification and your insight.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 23:11, Paul R said:

Although not Heer, it fits the profile!!

FlakTunic1.jpg

LWFlak.jpg

LWFlak1.jpg

Definitely does Paul.  Thanks for sharing.  The reason that I asked was that I had an opportunity to buy a Pionier M-38 Waffenrock and I saw a Signal Badge on the upper sleeve and I had thought that all trade badges were worn on the lower left sleeve, until Fred Green shared his post.  I just wanted to make sure it was authentic as well as gain a little more knowledge on the subject since I was clueless on tradebadges.

I appreciate everyone's help.  If anyone would like to see my grouping (got it with an EM Visor) please let me know and I will post it.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...