News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russia; Order of the Red Banner

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    9 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

The serial number - 94196 - is textbook, there's nothing wrong with it.

If you think it's a textbook, then show at least one with the same number inscription style. There are none.  

18 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Here you go, five similar numbers...

Yes, I thought so, these you posted are completely different from the one in question. "Nines" are completely different. And "one" like that has not been seen before. Neither in original nor dublicates numbers. 

The last digit is dodgy too, but it might be just  unsharpnesd of the picture. 

Some questions about guiding too, but this could just mean some reparation work. 

Bear in mind that these serial numbers were engraved by hand, so minute differences are unavoidable. The 9's in the five images above are all slightly different, but I would still say that they are part of the same family, as is the one in the first post.

You see, the are TWO nines in the number in question. And BOTH don't fit to the known styles. So I'm afraid it not just shaken hand, but a system. 

Plus "one"! Plus dodgy last digit, which, with given picture quality, looks like zero modified to six. There are no very obvious traces of old number clean up, but again with such unsharp photo I cannot say for sure. I see some suspicious small horisontal traces, which might be the number clean up traces. Again the photo is not sharp to make sure judgement.

What can be seen clearly is that 4 out of 5 digits are not looking right. 

Edited by Egorka