News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals for the successful participants of the Prince Henry Tour 1911

Medals for the successful participants of the Prince Henry Tour 1911 of The Royal Automobile Club of Great Britain and the Imperial Automobile Club of Germany to commemorate the Coronation of King George V, taking place during July 1911.

One of the participants was Arthur Conan Doyle.

d.jpg

e.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by saxcob

The Prinz Heinrich Fahrt were run from 1908-1911 One of the earliest rally competitons. The Prinz Heinrich medals turn up very occaisionally but I have never encountered the RAC medal. very nice pair. Not sure who G. Goegerlein was.

Paul

• 6 years later...

Hello,

I am trying to source one of these medals - or borrow it for filming. I am making a history documentary. Does anyone in this thread know of anyone who has one?  Feel free to email me at lindabaxtersmith@hotmail.com 

Linda Sands 

On 06/08/2016 at 21:34, saxcob said:

Medals for the successful participants of the Prince Henry Tour 1911 of The Royal Automobile Club of Great Britain and the Imperial Automobile Club of Germany to commemorate the Coronation of King George V, taking place during July 1911.

One of the participants was Arthur Conan Doyle.

d.jpg

e.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Extremely interesting Thanks