News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Drewes (Medium).jpgAhnenpass Martin Drewes (Medium).jpg

I was fortunate to find  this little jewel lately at an auction ,probably as no one could decipher the German Suterlin it was written in ( I nearly missed it as I also struggled)! . It is the complete Ahnenpass belonging to Major Martin Drewes ,the highly decorated ,and famous WW2 German Night Fighter Pilot Ace, and Knights Cross with Oakleaves bearer ,and Group Commander of III./NJG 1.Drewes was only one of a handfull of pilots that saw action in Iraq (under Iraqi colors) in WW2 against the RAF (most collectors do not know about this theatre of action).

The Ahnenpass (Ancestral Passport)is a document tracing the Aryan Lineage of a German Citizen  4 generations back .This was a vital document to have if one hoped to make a career in the Third Reich.

It came with three original private snapshot photos of Drewes ( which I suspect have never been published) ,which were lying loosely between the pages, which really was a lovely bonus.

Translated herunder

AHNENPASS 

of

Name:.  Martin Drewes      

Place:    Lobmachtersen

Adress:  Über Wolfenbüttel

Telephone: Barúm 272

Edited by hucks216