News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russian Graduation(?) Badge

USSR

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me what kind of badge this is? Are they common or rare? I cant figure out what the tekst on the reverse says nor the roman (?) number of the front.

Thanks!

847619068_2_1800.jpg

wohl-orden-russland-zarenzeit-silber.jpg

I think the Roman numerals should read MCMVIII or 1908. I suspect that the jeweler didn't graduate from Roman Numeral School, and was afraid to ask his apprentice for advice. Just a guess. 

--I had to edit it twice before I got it right. But, I don't have an apprentice. 

Edited by Mike McLellan
    Brain malfunction.

That still doesn't make sense because CXCVIII would be 198 ;-) But you might be right about the jeweler trying to put down 1908. Do you know what kind of badge this is? 

Edited by USSR

Wow, ok... I would never have thought it was a copy! I thought it was beautifully made with very nice details. But I'm not into imperial stuff so I guess I could easily be fooled. Anyway, glad to know it isn't authentic so I won't have to burn my fingers on it ;-) 

Here's a thought, could it perhaps identify a particular course serial, school or unit?  CI 18 ?  The oversized X might denote the actual beginning of the number?  I know I in Russian is и but heh...

Edited by TacHel

4 hours ago, USSR said:

Wow, it looks just it... Maybe I should have bought it while I had the chance...Unfortunally I didn't because here somebody said it was a copy... :(

...and I still believe the Jetton you posted is a copy.  Look through a book on Jettons or look at what internet dealers have for sale.  (Dealers that have been around for several years and have 100% money back) and you will see a level of quality that I don't see on your piece.

• No, I didn't so I do not have the exact size and weight :(
    • you could very well be be right Claudius but I can't compare it because I can't find any on the web. If this one is a fake with not much details, I wonder how beautiful authentic ones look like