Jump to content
Gentleman's Military Interest Club
dedehansen

The Royal Victorian Medal Edward VII Silver

Recommended Posts

Hi Gents,

I got a German medal bar which contains a RVM Edward VII Silver.

DSCI0003.JPG

My question is, do there exist rolls with the names from German recipients?

My hope is, that it is possible to identify the former owner with the help from forum members.

Eyery help appreciated.

Kind regards
Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is 3 volume "Royal Service". I understand the recipient list is available in there. 

Bit I also have read that in the "first years" (whatever it means exactly), the list of foreign recipient was not complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.9.2016 at 22:36, Egorka said:

There is 3 volume "Royal Service". I understand the recipient list is available in there. 

Bit I also have read that in the "first years" (whatever it means exactly), the list of foreign recipient was not complete. 

Thanks for this information Egorka, maybe there is somebody here who has these books

and can provide further informations?!

Every help appreciated.

Kind regards

Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallo Andreas,

Could you please post a picture of the complete medal group. Might help with identification of the recipient.

Tschüß

Paul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following awards of the Edward VII Silver RVM are the only ones listed in Royal Service, Volume I that could possibly have been awarded to a German:

  • Parker, Benjamin, Racing Captain of HIM German Emperor's Yacht Meteor; HM sailing on Meteor at Cowes. 4 Aug 1904
  • Parker, William, Racing Captain of HIM German Emperor's Yacht Meteor; HM sailing on Meteor at Cowes. 4 Aug 1904
  • Butcher, George Alfred Clarke, Steward to HRH Princess Henry of Battenberg; HM dining at Osborne Cottage. 7 Aug 1904
  • Buckingham, Charles Edmund, House Steward to HRH Prince Philip of Saxe Coburg & Gotha, HRH visit to Sandringham, 9 Nov 1906

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gunner 1,

thanks for the list, but these names don´t  appear on the Danish list.

Could you pleas check the Names?

Gantzer and Thomel

Kind regards
Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andreas:  Gantzer and Thomel are not on the list for the RVM.  I have no idea what you mean by the "Danish list" as I can not find any mention of it in any of the posts in this topic. I  though that you were seeking German recipients.  I am totally confused!

Regards, Gunner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gunner 1 said:

Andreas:  Gantzer and Thomel are not on the list for the RVM.  I have no idea what you mean by the "Danish list" as I can not find any mention of it in any of the posts in this topic. I  though that you were seeking German recipients.  I am totally confused!

Regards, Gunner 1

Hi Gunner 1, I´ve posted a medal from a German medal bar in the Danish sektion, and

I got a list with German recipients, a collectors friend check these names aganist the

Dutch medal (from the same bar) I´ve posted here in the Dutch sektion. Gantzer and Thomel are the persons

who got both the Danish and the Dutch medal. So my hope was, that you could confirm his RVM too.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards

Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gents,

Gantzer can be excluded, he has several medals more.

Traugott Thomel is a hot name. Is it possible,

that his RVM is gazetted somewhere?

Regards
Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andreas

Thomel Frangott is listed as receiving the RVM in silver on 17 February 1905 for the Arthur Duke of Connaught's visit to Berlin for the opening of the Protestant cathedral. He is listed as portier.

Hope this is of help

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paul wood said:

Andreas

Thomel Frangott is listed as receiving the RVM in silver on 17 February 1905 for the Arthur Duke of Connaught's visit to Berlin for the opening of the Protestant cathedral. He is listed as portier.

Hope this is of help

Paul

Hi Paul, this information is from great help for me :thumbup:. With this information another

part of the puzzle was put together. 

Thanks a lot Paul, very much appreciated :beer:, that´s why the GMIC is my preferred forum. :jumping:

Kind regards

Andreas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×