News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Recently, I got a bunch of postcards with chinese motives around 1904/5. On the back of these cards is almost always

a stamp:  Ostas(iatische) Bes(atzungs) Brigade. The men (2-3), who send these cards were obviously in the German Schutztruppen in China

I want to show you every card I have, front and back. A small description to every card will be done by me.

There are maybe about 30 cards, so a translation of every card is maybe a bit ignorant, but a few examples would be very nice.

At the end, a value of these cards would be great, because I do know nothing about Postcards in general.

I know, talking about values is always a bit inappropiate, but I would really appreciate it.

Nicolas

By the way, how can I attach 2 pictures in one post? I do not want to post 1 card in 2 posts?

The title of this card is "Englische Wache" (English Guards).

Tientsin(Tianjin) is a harbor city near Peking(Bejing)

20160926_125516.jpg

Very nice on several levels  Not only historically significant, but a beautiful example of some of the finest cursive handwriting that I've ever seen! And the photo; did they make the tall gent stand by himself, off to one side, so as not to dwarf the others, edpecailly the CO?

6 hours ago, Mike McLellan said:

And the photo; did they make the tall gent stand by himself, off to one side, so as not to dwarf the others, edpecailly the CO?

That's the CO?  I thought he was the kid bugler.  Not even a side arm...that I could see.