News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian Knights cross medal bar Thoughts

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:12, scottplen said:

Thinking of working on a trade on this one ? Has some wear ! and not sure of it ?

24539_01.jpg

IMG_1429.PNG

:wacky:

16 hours ago, Dave Danner said:

The precedence is wrong.  The KVK2X as a national award outranks the Prussian House Order of Hohenzollern.  The Sudeten Medal should be last.

agreed.  A couple of the medals are out of order.  It's like someone played three-card monte with the medals and this is where they ended up  :lol:

Edited by Claudius

9 hours ago, Claudius said:

:wacky:

agreed.  A couple of the medals are out of order.  It's like someone played three-card monte on medals and this is where they ended up  :lol:

No, it's mot by accident. The awards were hanged to be visually symetrical. The only round piece in the middle and three pointy thing on each side. Looks beautiful. +80 points to street credit. 

Edited by Egorka

13 hours ago, Dave Danner said:

The precedence is wrong.  The KVK2X as a national award outranks the Prussian House Order of Hohenzollern.  The Sudeten Medal should be last.

Agreed, but the correct order was not always followed.

6 hours ago, Egorka said:

No, it's mot by accident. The awards were hanged to be visually symetrical. The only round piece in the middle and three pointy thing on each side. Looks beautiful. +80 points to street credit. 

I see it now -you are correct!  Symmetry be not proud

The combination seems fine.  Frackspange for a reserve/Landwehr officer who was active in 1897 to get the Centenary Medal. Is it ID'd on the dealer website in question? I only have a partial list of officer recipients of the Lippe Kriegsverdienstkreuz, and the only close match I have died in 1930, so he wouldn't have the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer.  

Edited by Dave Danner

I know where all those bars a coming from - a big dealer in Northern America.

In my opinion they have some good stuff but also a lot of very damn thrash also in the imperial session.

A lot of pieces were bought in Germany in different auctions or at some dealers.