News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thought you may enjoy seeing what arrived yesterday. There's a few doubles that will need re-homing, but on the whole a pleasing haul.

If you wish to see more detailed shots of any, just ask otherwise I won't take up space posting them all.

Cheers

Don

set.jpg

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you may enjoy seeing what arrived yesterday. There's a few doubles that will need re-homing, but on the whole a pleasing haul.

If you wish to see more detailed shots of any, just ask otherwise I won't take up space posting them all.

Cheers

Don

Hallo Don :beer: , nice looking selection of badges, any significance to the coloured border on some? i.e area or region??

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Hallo Don :beer: , nice looking selection of badges, any significance to the coloured border on some? i.e area or region??

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Hi Kevin,

Yes, the colour of the border signifies the level of command the member of staff held:

Blue for Orts

Black for Kries (between 1933-1938)

White for Kries (from 1939-1945)

Red for Gau

Yellow for Reich

The size of the silver edging around the badge broke the command down still further.

Cheers

Don

That is some valuable haul there Don - - - - take good care of the "Frauenhilfedeinst" - - - that is a rare piece indeed - - only the second example I have seen in my 30+ years collecting.

Edited by DanCz

Now, now Don - - no reason to boast !! Nevertheless a fine piece.

Mine is an unmarked example too.

(Please let me know if you ever have duplicates to sell - - I seem to recall doing some business with you earlier).

scowen said:

Cheers

Don

First of all my compliments with the badges. I see many nice ones. Some I 've never seen before. I'm most interested in the badges with the extra outside leaf edge.

I've circeled them. If it possible to make a more detailed picture of them , I'd be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

benten

Don, I've posted you picture here .

1web.jpg

1web.jpg

Hmm I love those higher/closer leader badges too.

I suspect maker M1/120, on these.

Hopefully Don will let us know!

I have the blue and white, seen a yellow but never seen a red for some reason?

There would have been a lot less of these than the others though I guess, just for the staff of the Gaufrauenschaftsfuhrerin.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Don;

Cose but not close enough indeed. Good guess though ;) Nice quality and the oakleaves are slightly different to the M1/120's I have, on mine they are finer. Something else for me to look out for LOL.

Best wishes

Matt

Don, thank you for posting " the Blue and the White" :beer: ..... the detailed pictures of the blue and white border with extra leaf edge. The badges are really beautiful!!

Just a remark..... you should expect that these most elaborated badges should be on top of the hierarchy of these Frauenschaft badges....but they aren't .

Thanks,

Benten

Benten;

I am a little puzzled at what you mean. Each of the oakleaf border badges represents someone who was at the top of the hierachy in the area the badge represents.

The Blue border represents someone at the level of Ortsfrauenschaftleiterin and the White represents someone at the level of Kreisfrauenschaftsleiterin, in the Orts and Kreis administrative districts they would have been "at the top of their tree".

Unless you mean the Red and Yellow bordered pins for Gau and Reichs level administrators? The only difference is in the enamel colour, the quality of the badges is the same isn't it..?

Sorry, you just confused me there.

In Don's picture of course, the earlier type of badge with the red swastika in the centre and the red and yellow outlines DO represent the Gau and Reichsfrauenschaftsleitern staff leaders.

If I am missing your point, what other level of hierachy is there?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Edited by MattGibbs

Benten;

I am a little puzzled at what you mean. Each of the oakleaf border badges represents someone who was at the top of the hierachy in the area the badge represents.

The Blue border represents someone at the level of Ortsfrauenschaftleiterin and the White represents someone at the level of Kreisfrauenschaftsleiterin, in the Orts and Kreis administrative districts they would have been "at the top of their tree".

Unless you mean the Red and Yellow bordered pins for Gau and Reichs level administrators? The only difference is in the enamel colour, the quality of the badges is the same isn't it..?

Sorry, you just confused me there.

In Don's picture of course, the earlier type of badge with the red swastika in the centre and the red and yellow outlines DO represent the Gau and Reichsfrauenschaftsleitern staff leaders.

If I am missing your point, what other level of hierachy is there?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your info..... I understand it and you are correct. I don?t disagree with you at all about that?..and ofcourse the quality of all badges is the same.

But I think, the leaf edge badges are much more impressive in appearence then all those who don?t have that .

The leaf edges badges are more elabourated ( because they have an extra edge). What I mean is, that you should expect that these impressive edge leaf badges were for the only highest level, reichs level , ?...but they are not. It?s just a thought.

Cheers,

Benten

Benten :)

Now I am understanding you, sorry! Yes you would have thought that they were "reserved" for the top leaders. I guess what they did was only give these to the top leaders of offices at each level, so only a small number of members in an Ortsgruppe, Kreis, Gau and the Reichs offices would have had them. All the other levels of staff members would have got the bordered pin with no oakleaves.

Very nice design though, I really like them. I think the reason of course you see much less Red and Yellow ones is of course, they needed less. Only 43 Gaue offices I suppose, and many more Orts and Kreis ones!

I think this field is sometimes a bit neglected, the non combat awards to women.

I was lucky to get a nice M1/120 Ortsfrauenschaftsfuhrerin badge in a group with the womans own party book including stamps of womens leadership courses attended, and also the book of her father, a retired police inspector and her daughter who was a postal worker. 2 female party books in one group!

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Ok time for a bit of education here & fun here.

From my rather poor picture at the top of this thread can anyone tell me which 2 badges I believe to be cast copies.......

I shall post scans later to explain my theory.

Cheers

Don