News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Don,

I think you should post all the remaining badges individually personally

I don't think that would be considered a waste of forum space. :cheers:

Don, I know it's a little job, but I agree with Jnoble!! It will be a pleasure to see them!

Cheers,

Benten

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's true, it wasn't a fair question with such a poor picture & no reverses.

Here's the first one.

It doesn't show on this scan because of the bright light but the front has some artificial aging, probably heated with a flame.

Fake_Frauenschaft_ob.jpg

However the reverse shows it all under any light.

First clue is too obvious, wrong pinplate for the guide. However, I suppose you could claim that there may have been a shortage of the correct plates......

But there's more. Tell tale pitting from the casting over the back which is under the finish. Also deformity on the shaping of the plate guide.

Fake_Frauenschaft_rev.jpg

Hello Don;

Very interesting. What do you think the finish is like on the enamel, and do you know how long this was in a collection before you aquired it.

M1/72 is quite a widespread maker on these as well, but perhaps thats a reason why someone might have tried this out? Mine is different with the plate which correctly fits on the back with rectangular shape.

Whats the base metal, any thoughts?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Matt, on the whole the finish on the obverse is very good I think. The smaller one just looks worn & rubbed. I've no idea on their history but I can ask.

By the way these two rareties are on sale for ?200 each for anyone who wants them..... :D Seriously though, if anyone wants them for study they can have them for free on condition that they are not passed on as originals, all I ask is something towards postage depending where in the world you are.

Cheers

Don

Don, Are you sure you don't want to save them for use in your up-coming NSF reference book? Only kidding......though not really.....we need one badly. Great thread guys. I can't wait to move on to scans of the DAF badges. I have a red one to show for comparison. Robert

Whats the base metal, any thoughts?

Just checked, both are magnetic..... I've also heard back from the previous owner, they were bought sometime between 1985 & 1990, but whether they had been in a collection before that is anybodys guess.

Cheers

Don

• 11 years later...
    On Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 16:13, Scowen said:

Thought you may enjoy seeing what arrived yesterday. There's a few doubles that will need re-homing, but on the whole a pleasing haul.

If you wish to see more detailed shots of any, just ask otherwise I won't take up space posting them all.

Cheers

Don

set.jpg

Hi Don !

It's a pity but I am sure that the Frauenhilfsdienst badge is a fake. I also bought one several years ago but the pin is too flexible and the ones with loss of enemal which I saw are all without makers mark.

3 hours ago, Adlerhorst said:

Hi Don !

It's a pity but I am sure that the Frauenhilfsdienst badge is a fake. I also bought one several years ago but the pin is too flexible and the ones with loss of enemal which I saw are all without makers mark.

Hi Adlerhorst!

You may be correct, for several years I have had a feeling that the unmarked ones could be fake. The pin on my one is the same strength as on my marked one & the quality is as good, but I have never been happy with it.

I fully believe that the Frauenschaft badges made by Osange are fake because the quality of the lettering is too good under magnification. Probably machine cut rather than hand cut.

Thanks 

Don

On ‎24‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 12:18, Scowen said:

Hi Adlerhorst!

You may be correct, for several years I have had a feeling that the unmarked ones could be fake. The pin on my one is the same strength as on my marked one & the quality is as good, but I have never been happy with it.

I fully believe that the Frauenschaft badges made by Osange are fake because the quality of the lettering is too good under magnification. Probably machine cut rather than hand cut.

Thanks 

Don

Sorry, I meant that those with the producers name are fakes.

• 2 weeks later...