News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Hello

I have always wondered about these Frauenhilfsdienst badges with the makers mark on the reverse because the makers mark looks, at least to me, just like the makers mark on what I believe are considered fake038rbobver.JPG.074c08de6a8874c0d051c19ce5a95d53.JPG Forderungsrennen 1935 Olympic badges & a few other fake enamel badges  one sees. 046rbrev.JPG.0d0f907578acd0fd53edfb2b4fda9ca2.JPG I don't really collect badges much but have always wondered about these badges because of the logo. 

thanks,

Duzig(Bill)

Edited by Duzig

Hello Bill,

The badge you presented is a post war fabrication. It has been commissioned by one of more colorful personalities in our hobby (JF) and is a fantasy item- there were no real badges of that nature prior to 1945. Whether or not the order has been fulfilled post war by Stubbe or some other outfit that used  Stubbe maker's mark to 'enhance' the pieces is unknown to me.

Hello Matthew

thank you for your reply.  What I meant to say was that I always had a feeling that the Frauenhilfsdienst badges with the Stubbe logo on the reverse were fake because they had the same logo as those on the fake Olympic badges that I show in my above comment.  That's why I was always hesitant to buy one of those marked Frauenhilfsdienst badges.  Again thank you for your comment

Bill

Hello Joe,

Hope all is well on your end. I guess my eyes are not as good. I thought they looked the same at least the Ges. Gesch, or so I thought. Could you point out the differences so I could take a closer look.  LOL, I guess it's a good thing I don't collect badges.  If they are different then my comment has no relevance to the thread. In any case an interesting thread and I appreciate your comment and Matthew's and anyone else who may comment

thanks again Bill

Looking again, I think I do see some differences. the e's on my badge look a bit more elongated perhaps? and the g on mine also seems to be somewhat more elongated? If that is one of the differences please let me know, and any other you see please let me know. Again it's a good thing I think that I don't collect badges perhaps.   I really must need better glasses LOL. 

thanks again

Bill

Edited by Duzig

Hi Bill,

I have an example but it has to be the grainiest picture I have so it is of little use. Will try for a better image.

To my eyes the G's in Ges. gesch. are different. Also the E  and R in BERLIN.

--dj--Joe

Joe, You are right for sure. The G's and e, r,  do look different. Also it looks like the letters on my fake Olympic  badge are raised while yours are incuse(?). Except for the word mainz and the #3.   Not sure if that is the correct term but on your badge the look stamped in I guess I mean.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Definite differences for sure

thanks

Bill

Edited by Duzig

Joe I agree also you are right about the e and r in Berlin.  The DRK badge and Frauenhilfdienst  have the same markings.  I don't recall exactly when and why the marked Frauenhilfdienst were deemed copies.  I know Stubbe had a contract for RDK.  If someone or even Stubbe for that matter would keep producing postwar why would they not keep producing DRK??  Thanks all for the input.  This is the most action Ive seen on here in quite a spell.  Its great.  Regards Robert

PS 10 more posts to 1K. 

Edited by BURGERHAUS

• 4 years later...