News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

question on non combattant Iron Cross document

hi All,

If I am correct, for the first WW around 13,000 non combattant Iron Crosses second class were awarded. The only award documents for this Iron Cross I have seen are the ones like I have in collection, of which a picture is attached.

My question is whether all non combattant Iron Cross documents were issued by the Generalkommission with a printed signature of Kanitz. Does someone perhaps have samples of other types?

Thanks and regards,

Pieter

P1020876.JPG

P1020865.JPG

Hi Chris,

thank you very much for the information and the nice samples of non combattant Iron Cross documents you have shown. So now I know that there are a number of variations of this document. I especially like the one from the heeresabwickelungsambt.

Best regards, Pieter

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of types out there. I have had 5 different in the last few years. Between 1914-18 13.000 were awarded.

HOw many were awarded till the 1920s - nobody knows the correct numbers.