News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Silver Wound Badge - original or fake?

Hi all. I acquired this recently as a replica, but on arrival I'm not so sure. It's hollow with the back plate. Very good workmanship. I have an original early type silver WB made the same way. Rather light weight and solid construction. I don't believe these hollow/solid backs were all that common, plus they require that much more effort to product. Can't believe fakers would go to the trouble to not only do it but do it right.

Anyhow, I welcome opinions. The pics are the only ones I have right now but I can do some scans if required.

Many thanks in advance,

DanWB1.jpgWB2.jpgWB3.jpg

Hi Dan, I tend to think it is a replica. It doesn't look quite right for a die stamped award. Not a crisp enough strike, no shear marks around the edge in the pics. I'm not a WB expert (ISA's are my thing), but the wear points are odd & the dagger blades are fuzzy. Better pics when available will help. Stewy