News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LW Fielddivision Field Grey

From my understanding, these were made especially for the HG division.  It would be an interesting development if these were made for the LWFD as well, but I would need to see some primary evidence for this.  By 1943, the LWFD was moved over to Heer command and control, and equipped using Heer supplies of uniforms and equipment.  

Hi,

Is there a difference in cut between these and Army ones?

The only reference I have for Feld Division was one Bill Shea had years ago, it had a blue backed eagle and the gulls directly on the collar. But HG is of course cooler :-)

That would a tunic like this be worth without badges?

Best

Chris

The LW FD did not use a dedicated style LW M43 tunic (that I know of), other than Heer issue, complete with Heer eagle.  

The one you mention is for the HG division.  I remember it well. A complete tunic, without CT and badges... I am guessing about 4500-5K.  I've never seen one with collar tabs or gulls in the collar

I'd love to see it!  

I can see the images now.  So on the inside, there is no evidence of an eagle sewn through the liner?  I thought I can see a shadow on the tunic, but it could just be me. 

Either way, in this state, I'd put a starting price of about 3200 dollars.  Mine, complete with CT and eagle, sold to a dealer for 4,100 dollars.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, first post. By the time the HG would have taken stock of these, the conspicuous white collar patches had been ordered withdrawn and as such, their use would be uncommon at best. Nothing replaced them as it was noted that the shoulder board indicated rank and branch perfectly well.

I don't know how much the tunics differed from standard Army pattern But their use in the field divisions is documented, again I believe without collar distinctions.

The HG versions did not utilize collar tabs as well.  I know that the LWFD utilized the Heer M43- but please bare in mind that the LWFD was formally transferred under the direct control of the Heer in late 1942.  From that point forward, these men drew from Heer supply stocks.  By the end of the war, most LWFD members were visually identical to members of the regular army- as they utilized Heer uniforms (with Heer chest eagles) and gear.   I've never heard of the LWFD receiving the LW Blue versions of the M43.  If you have evidence that counters this, I am very eager to learn. 

• 1 month later...