News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish Order of Virtuti Militari – What Time Period?

Polish Order of Virtuti Militari – What Time Period?
    Can anyone please help identify the time period of this Polish Order of Virtuti Militari?  I checked in Dr. Wesolowski’s book on Polish Orders, Medal Badges & Insignia but to no avail.

Thanks,

John

Polish Virtuto Militari 1.jpg

Polish Virtuto Militari 2.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...

I am almost 100% certain that your V-M is a Panasuik Copy from the 60's - 70's   Panasuik made copies for collectors.  There are quite a few around.  However, Panasuik made very good copies, including their Regimental Badges.  The genuine article sell for upwards of $900.  I have 9 of them 4 sale, all pre 1939.  All are genuine, some are recipients "wearing" copies made by the same jewelers that were commissioned by the Polish government to make the originals.   This is a whole new topic in collecting that I can't go into here.   I will be listing items from time to time on this site. If you wish you can contact me at rmarc99@comcast.net

• 9 months later...