News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian Congo medal bar

Won't happen...  The more a package is expected during the holidays the slower it'll go...  The very first day you have to go back to work, during the only 30 minute interval when nobody can answer the door, is when the postman will ring and leave a note saying you can pick it up at the post office the next day after 13h00...  Unless it's a Friday, and it'll be a Friday, then you'll have to twiddle your thumbs until Monday.  That'll be the one day you'll leave work late and get stuck in traffic...  And then it get's worse!  ;)  Just trying to make sure you don't get your hopes up too high...

Huckberry_Krampus_Shenal_2.jpg

Edited by TacHel

Seriously, I don't know what the international postage union have agreed upon but for the past year or so international shipping has slowed to an exact science of 12 days once out of country.  I used to mail items to France and they'd get it within 48 to 72 hours!  Now, 12 days...  I'd get parcels from anywhere inside continental Europe (except Belgium, a bit slower sorry ;) ) within 2 to 5 days, now 12...  Same for Russia, Australia...  It takes EXACTLY 12 days for a parcel from anywhere on Earth to my front door once it leaves the country of origin.  Mind boggling!  Cannot be a coincidence! 

16 hours ago, peter monahan said:

Lovely!  Congratulations.  Will you be able to narrow it down to a person or unit?  [I don't know enough about that field to even guess.]  Even if no, a very nice looking group.

Thank you!

Only if the sales room is willing to give me the name of the seller, AND assuming they are or where related to the original owner....

9 hours ago, TacHel said:

Seriously, I don't know what the international postage union have agreed upon but for the past year or so international shipping has slowed to an exact science of 12 days once out of country.  I used to mail items to France and they'd get it within 48 to 72 hours!  Now, 12 days...  I'd get parcels from anywhere inside continental Europe (except Belgium, a bit slower sorry ;) ) within 2 to 5 days, now 12...  Same for Russia, Australia...  It takes EXACTLY 12 days for a parcel from anywhere on Earth to my front door once it leaves the country of origin.  Mind boggling!  Cannot be a coincidence! 

You are right!

It takes 4 days to ship a item from the US to Belgium, and customs need 8 days to check it.

Taxes and duty on import are even more ridiculous! 

12 hours ago, Stuka f said:

Taxes and duty on import are even more ridiculous! 

Luckily, only 1 in 7 parcels is checked for duty here...  The only 2 times in more than 3 decades I was asked to pay duty, I was able to prove what I purchased wasn't available in Canada and thus got out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I like this group a lot!

Military service in Belgian Congo during WW2, I would say. But no star on the WW2 medal with yellow ribbon. So not an officer? But still knight of the Lion and the Crown? I thought NCOs mostly got medals.

Thanks.

Judging by his shoulder pads, he must have been a officer.I saddly don't exactly know to who it belonged.

But I seem to remember, having it in hands,  ther was a little hole in one ribbon,...have to check it.