News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Honorary Medal of Labor

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . and. These many be laundry lists (which I doubt) or documents of great historical importance (which I also doubt). But they are clearly a part of the "sceret history" of this group. Translations have been requested and are to be reported here . . . .

. . . and. These many be laundry lists (which I doubt) or documents of great historical importance (which I also doubt). But they are clearly a part of the "sceret history" of this group. Translations have been requested and are to be reported here . . . .

OOOOH, up until now I've been going through your new item posts, with a "These-are-nice-pieces-I'm-happy-for-Ed" feeling, but now some serious jealousy is kicking in :cheeky::cheeky:

Only kidding, these are great items Ed, and I am very happy for you, what with this little extra on the side to make 'em even more yummy

Congratulations.

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

A new type (for my list), though Battushig shows it as A 38.5. To be honest, I had dismissed it as a "mule" until seeing it and finding out that there is photographic evidence of this strange unnumbered all-brass thing being worn. So . . . ??

• 2 months later...

Serial number and typology update:

M 21.1 -- Type 1.1.1 (Screwback, Uigur, numbered ?No.?) -- Low = 2/High = 985

A 38.1/M 21.1 -- Type 1.1.2 (Screwback, Uigur, SN without prefix, seperately soldered ring) -- Low = 1569/High = 11953

M 21.1 -- Type 1.1.3 (Screwback, Uigur, SN with "No" prefix above the SN) -- Low = 10663/High = 10668

M 21.1 -- Type 1.1.3 (Screwback, Uigur, SN without prefix, ring part of the medal) -- Low = 12001/High = 16525

A 38.2/M 21.2 -- Type 1.2.1 (Screwback, Cyrillic, impressed number) -- Low = 16785/High = 21645

M 21.2 -- Type 1.2.2 (Screwback, Cyrillic, engraved number) -- Low = ??/High = ??

A 38.3/M 21.2 -- Type 2.1 (Pinback, ribbon) -- Low = 23854/High = 36295

A 38.4/M 21.2 -- Type 2.2.1 (Pinback, enameled ribbon, silver) -- Low = 737/High = 4892

A 38.5 -- Type 2.2.2 (Pinback,pentagonal enameled ribbon, bronze, unnumbered)

A 38.6/M 21.2 -- Type 2.2.3 (Pinback, enameled ribbon, silvered bronze) -- Low = ???/High = 23750

A 38.6/M 21.2 -- Type 2.2.4 (Pinback, enameled ribbon, silvered bronze, unnumbered, unawarded escapee?)

• 1 month later...

A nice little set but, on the surface, nothing really exciting . . . .

Type 1.1.2, #10328

It is cased, but I do not show it here.

Here are some updates on the documented/cased Honoirary Medal of Labor #10328, with all the written matter, shown above.

The female recipient is Erdeniin Gombosuren.

The notes:

-- 807.60 Tugrik and 4 rams were collected from the sheep herder Gombosuren. The collection is completed. The bookkeeper of the collective farm. Bamshav.

-- The private petition to the trade union committee and administration through the chief of the second unit. I worked without interuption in the unit from 1950 to 1960, therefore I am asking that my working hours be written correctly into my labor book and that I receive the additional payment for the long working period. The private petitioner, the sheep herder of the second unit. Erdeniin Gombosuren.

-- Herewith I confirm that Erdeniin Gombosuren worked since 1950 in the pasture as sheep herder, cow herder. Senior veterinary. (left confirmation).

-- Herewith is to confirm, that comrade Gombosuren is herding the animals since 1950. Herder (right)

-- Herewith is to confirm, that Gombosuren is herding the animals. (down)

-- To the Soum administration: Herewith to confirm, that the persons Chuluunjuu, Choijamts, Gombodorj who gave the confirmation on Gombosuren are themselves workers of the livestock farm. The confirmation on Gombosuren is correct, the confirmation is approved. The secretary of the Soum administration.

And then, presumably, she got a medal?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

M 21.1 -- Type 1.1.3 (Screwback, Uigur, SN without prefix, ring part of the medal) -- Low = 12001/High = 16525

Checked my collection, high for me here is 16993 (medal in excellent "mint" condition also)

Excerpted from Bob's really useful master list of serial numbers and dates of award (see http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9917 and THANKS, BOB! :beer: ), here are known data points for the Honorary Medal of Labor (A38):

9,393 13/11/1956

9,672 27/09/1956

10,328 30/08/1956

10,660 17/10/1951

11,032 06/11/1956

16,235 26/06/1964

16,573 15/07/1965

17,040 07/07/1966

23,159 04/08/1976

24,082 14/07/1960

• 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

A new low number data point for the type 1.1.2 (ca. 1946-56?): Screwback, Uigur, SN without prefix, seperately soldered ring.

This number (1557) gives us a serial number range for this type of 1557-11953 (with 985 being the highest observed number for type 1.1.1).

Nice find Ed,

Just had a look at Alexei's site and he has three type 1.1.1 listed with serial# 1116, 1179, and 1442 and Chinzorig has one listed with serial #1499 although I dont like the serial number ...what do you think??

Actually I saw that one in UB, JC, but didn't note it. Really really sloppy numbering, but seems OK to me. That does bracket the type 1.1.1 => type 1.1.2 threshold between 1499 and 1557. Anyone care to guess? :P

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

The Last Awardee of Honorary Medal of Labor (dd 23.11.07)... And it is me!!! ( On the left side, of course with President Enkhbayar on the right side.) Hope will be awarded with some orders in future...

Edited by ub6365

The Last Awardee of Honorary Medal of Labor (dd 23.11.07)... And it is me!!! ( On the left side, of course with President Enkhbayar on the right side.) Hope will be awarded with some orders in futgure...

May I be the first to say.....Congratulations!!! :jumping:

We'll all hope for orders but for now that medal looks pretty good!!!

Congrats again!!!

JC

Congratulations indeed! Great that we have an actual recipient of a Mongolian award amongs ourselves in this online community! :jumping:

By the way, when you say "last" - do you mean the final recipient or the most recent one?

Also, out of curiosity, do people still get an award booklet?

Edited by Bob

• 2 months later...

Maybe not the most important news of the decade, but a new low-number data point for a type 2.1.

The ranges now are:

Type 1.2.1 -- 16785-21645

Type 1.2.2 -- unreported (does the screwback, Cyurillic, engraved number type exist??)

Type 2.1 -- 22468-36295 (after which the numbering goes strange)

• 2 years later...

Type 2.1.1

I have posted a copy of the Certificate of Quality and packing list of the HML issued from the Moscow mint on August 5, 1965. Such documents always accompanied the newly produced orders and medals made at the Moscow Mint. The copy of the documents are from the Mongolian archives, see the stamp.

BTW, the medal quantities and serial numbers of the medals listed in the document are for the part of the HML with the stamped serial numbers on the reverses.

post-6190-089488000 1292152329_thumb.jpg

post-6190-095379500 1292152356_thumb.jpg