News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Named Imtiaz Ottoman silver medal

itaca

Hello gentlemen, I would like an opinion on the name that was engraved on this beautiful medal imtiaz .... I think it is a surname of an Austrian national who has received the medal, the last name "Grazia" is a surname is Italian and Austrian. 

And I think it is unlikely that they decorated an Italian citizen. What can you tell me?
    Many thanks

15781665_1886223888331241_5481064502912273165_n.jpg

15697823_1886224058331224_7100691031836529752_n.jpg

Yes there are records in the Ottoman Archives in Istanbul but there are several books and one has to go through the books. The problem is they were written in Arabic alphabet and one need to know that. Also, the date on this Medal is the Occupation of Istanbul by the Allied forces 13.11.1918. The name Grazia (thanks in Italian) and the date is interestind. There is another point, that space is allocated for the names not a name and a date. Especially after the occupation the Allied army people had access to everything and there was a puppet Government.

Regards

Demir

Thanks Demir. I am Italian, the name "Grazia" in this case it is a last name. Both Austrian how Italian. Nevertheless "grazie" and also a name proper of person but I believe both difficulty that on the medal they wrote only the name. The word "Grazia" in Italian, it means great gift or great favor instead, often agreement as "divine grace" that is God's favor. I think both very possible that this medal and assigns to an Austrian person in the chaotic period of the ended war. It would be a very useful thing to retrieve the files  to understand more of it. ....