Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hi there,

Is this a WW1 cap badge from either a British or Commonwealth Country. I would be very grateful for some information if you have it.

Cheers,

Alan 

Cap Badge 1.jpg

badge 2.jpg

A better pic of the front would help?

Is it two badges joined together?  What size is it?, what metals is it made of, all brass or brass and white metal?

Not a badge I instantly recognise.

That's the best picture I can take close up with the camera I have. Its made of brass and it looks to me if its either first or second world war. I do not think that its a made up piece. Its the size of a normal cap badge for the ww1 ww2 period. 

The lack of a Crown rules out most badges. Perhaps a British University OTC badge?  There is something about the bird that looks familiar.

The Hurstpierpoint College OTC has a similar bird, but the badge is very different. https://www.google.com.sg/search?espv=2&biw=1536&bih=736&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=hurstpierpoint+badge&oq=hurstpierpoint+badge&gs_l=img.3...2763819.2771029.0.2771485.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.0.0.7_GmWK_2Oks

Michael

Edited by Michael Johnson

A 'swan volant' [taking flight], perhaps.  Students of St. John's College, Cambridge are allowed to consume unmarked swans taken on the River Cam and her majesty's Swan Marker is an important Royal appointment, if that's any help. ;)

Hi,

Not that I can identify the badge at the moment but, I believe that the bird is a Phoenix raising from the flames.

Regards

Arthur