News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I have here one 15 Star that is named to SA unit Barkley West Comando. Just wanted to check are these awards researchable because I wasn't able to find anything of him. Star is named to "PTE G.H.HAWKINS BARKLEY W CDO"

Thanking you in advance,

Timo

1915 Star naming.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello from South Africa

This is just to confirm that as Brett mentioned, I have in fact changed my email address to rhinoresearch32@gmail.com.

I was having trouble with my old server and messages were being returned to me on a regular basis!

We are still very busy at Rhino and look forward to answering any queries on South African police, military and genealogical matters.

For those of you who don't know, the SADF archives is closed at the moment as they are moving all their existing premises to one new building. They are not expected to open again until at least the end of March. Very frustrating for us researchers but not something we can do anything about. Hopefully they will remove the dust from the boxes which I am sure has been there since WW1:mad:

Look forward to chatting again soon.

Audrey

Rhino Research

Thanks for checking in, Aud.  Your name comes up not infrequently on the GMIC - whenever someone has an SA research question, in fact! :)  And, of course, one of our most esteemed members, the late Mervyn Mitlon was from down your way, which probably helps.  Hope you're able to get back into the archives as soon as they predict!

Peter