Shots Dave

Unknown Belgian Medal?

10 posts in this topic

Good morning all

I have recently seen the attached medal. Can anyone provide me with any information, please?

The reverse is blank except an inscribed number.

I am presuming a Belgian Resistance Association medal?

Kind regards

Dave

DSC_0033 (2).JPG

It is the same forum, just a other topic.

I am helping the moderation on that forum ;-)

Many thanks Stuka f and VC89 for your help. It is not a group I had seen any mention of before.

If either of you are aware of a site dedicated to Resistance medals I would be  really interested in it.

Cheers again.

Dave

1 hour ago, Shots Dave said:

If either of you are aware of a site dedicated to Resistance medals I would be  really interested in it.

If you (ever) find one you may let me know :).

You find some medals on one website, a few others on an other website, forums, ... . There are just so many unofficial medals in Belgium that it is very hard (or even impossible) to make such a website. There was once a website with a lot of them but he quitted because many of the information and pictures were used without his approval. He still (or at least a few years ago) awnsered questions by e-mail. See his website: http://users.skynet.be/belgian.medals/index.html. Maybe he can help you.

Vincent

Vincent

I have previously tried to contact Loek with no success I am afraid. I even only recently asked Hendrik if he had any contact details for him but he didn't have. Even Hendrik's amazing site has disappeared :( for the moment at least.

If I do find anything I will let you know. Dracomedals has a variety of medals with descriptions I have used in the past.

Best wishes

Dave

Many thanks Stuka f.

My interest is really related to WW2 but interesting to see WW1 also.

This is the medal for the Organisation "Athos" which was involved in pure intelligence gathering for transmission to London I have a number of similar medals e.g. Group "D" . I would be keen to obtain an example of this medal. my email address is maher@archaeologist.com

Robert Maher