News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon replacements for Bulgarian orders/medals

Hi all,

I have seen many decorations which are missing their original ribbons. In most cases, people would restrain from purchasing these or would only do so when these are being offered in a lot with other decorations. It's a pity. I'd like to supply those 'orphaned' orders and medals with suitable complimentary replacement ribbons.

I've been experimenting with some vintage ribbons in a trial to create replacement ribbons which look genuine enough to me. Here are some photographs of what I've came up with.

1. Neck ribbon for the Royal order of St. Alexander - to suit badges 2nd/3rd class. Length:350-355mm (excl. laces), Width:38-39mm

2. Triangular ribbon for the Military Order - to suit 3rd/4th classes of the latter but also Order of Military merit (badges 4th, 5th and 6th classes) and Order of Merit. Length of the sides of the triangle: about 47-49mm

3. Triangular ribbon with rosette for the Officer's (4th) class of the Order of St.Alexander. Length of the sides of the triangle: about 47-49mm

4. Triangular ribbon for the Order of St. Alexander (Early, princely type) - to suit 5th/6th classes of the latter, Order of Merit or Medal of Merit. Length of the sides of the triangle: about 47-49mm

5. Triangular ribbon for the Order of St. Alexander - to suit 5th/6th classes of the latter, Order of Merit or Medal of Merit. Length of the sides of the triangle: about 47-49mm

Unfortunately, ribbons for the other orders and medals are, at present, far too expensive to recreate, as they consist of several colours.

I'd be happy to get your feedback and/or suggestions.

If you'd like to have any of these replacement ribbons, please let me know. My only condition is that you post an image of your award in here and then once more along with the ribbon.

Thanks,

Ilieff

PS: Pictures are not quite clear, sorry. In reality, the ribbons are shinier :) 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by ilieff