News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Generalleutnant Eduard Freiherr von Neukirchen gen. Nyvenheim

Very interesting guys.

From period photos, I have seen generals who should be wearing bars of 6+ awards, wearing "abbreviated" bars featuring only 3 awards. There are a lot of discrepancies out there.  

• 3 years later...
    On 08/02/2017 at 10:38, GreyC said:

That is what I have, Dave.

He is listed in the Ehrenrangliste as having been inactive in 1914.

First mention for activitiy in the war 1916 as artillery commander in "Formationsgeschichte und Stellenbesetzung der deutschen Streitkräfte 1815-1991". There as Kdr. Arko 128. HOWEVER: The ARKO 128 (as all ARKOs of the first wave) was instituted officially not until 17.02.1917, the date that Neukirchen was replaced by GL Karl Ludwig Gustav Hellwig. So there´s a discrepancy there that I stumbled on. My guess is that v. Neukirchen was Kdr. of the predecessor of ARKO 128, the FAR 96, helped establish the new organisational form and then left. ARKO 128 was part of he 1. Landwehrdivision, by the way.

GreyC

I found Eduard Freiherr von Neukirchen gen. Nyvenheim reactivated as Kommandeur of the 43. Landwehr-Infanterie-Brigade on 2 August 1914: http://genwiki.genealogy.net/43._Landwehr-Infanterie-Brigade ... later, Bolk Graf von Roedern took over.