News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ltn.d.R. Friedrich Demandt (1892 - 1917)

Hello,

I am looking for any info about Leutnant der Reserve Friedrich Demandt (1892 - 1917). During the First World War he served in the Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 45 and Jagdstaffel 10 (Jagdgeschwader Richthofen).

May be somebody has a book "Das Infanterie-Regiment (8. Ostpreussisches) Nr. 45 (Insterburg-Darkehmen) im Weltkriege 1914-18" written by Kurt Hennig? In this book there is information about him?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Igor

Hi,

unfortunately not in the possession of the regimental history, I can tell you though, that he was born 28th August 1892 in Rastatt and was listed as "missing" on 24th Dec. 1917 in the official loss-list.

He was severly wounded before as Vize Feldwebel while with 2. Komp. IR45.

Listed as such 29th Jan 1916.

The severe injury will probably have made him not "felddiensttauglich" (unfit to serve on the front). Many soldiers applied to be trained as observers or pilots after such an incident. Maybe that´s how he came to the Jasta 10.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC