News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officer's Blüse with Piping

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but are there any known instances where German officers have worn the blüse with piping as I have recently seen a picture of an Officer in the Air service wearing a blüse with what appears to be piping down the front and along the bottom. Having gone through all my information on the blüse no where have I found anything to support this as having occurred. If it is indeed piped is it possible that it could be a privately purchased uniform or a post war Friekorps uniform. Although the photo is undated he appears to be stood in front of an Albatros DV/Va which would imply1917 early 1918, although some were used in the east in 1919.

Hi Saxon Lions,

Unfortunately I can´t help with your question apart from the fact that the piece of clothing is called Bluse (no Umlaut). A blüse, as in Feuerblüse is an old form of a lighthouse. No offence intended.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

There does not seem to be any piping on the collar only down the front and along the bottom of the tunic, there is no sleeve insignia but some  rather irregular 'marks' on the front of the collar which may be damage to the photo.