News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed unkown prussia order/sign

Dear friends, i would need your help, recently i bought interesting sign, possibly order, i think its prussian, diameter 72mm, made of silver and on reverse hallmark halfmoon and inscription DIE CR or DIN CR not sure. Please have a look and tell me what do you think, thx

IMG_1106.JPG

And more photos

IMG_1108.JPG

And more

And more

More 2

Hello Veljko;

It looks like it is a handcrafted piece of jewelry.  The center motif and the four profile heads are taken from source but the large open arms with the filigree appears to be all hand done.   

Edited by Claudius

Thx i agree with you both, this was my idea immediately, but not to fall into mistake lets pass through its parts. Does anyone is familiar with hallmark? Halfmoon (with crown) was official sign for silver after 1886. Does anyone recognise who is on the heads? Who's this wappen is, prussia? And on the end does anyone saw any similar prussian order? Somehow, by feeling it doesnt looks me like ordinary part of jewellry. In the former times esp 18th and beging of 19th century, orders were done also in such way with filigree, i remeber some russian orders done in filigree....

20 minutes ago, Veljko said:

Thx i agree with you both, this was my idea immediately, but not to fall into mistake lets pass through its parts. Does anyone is familiar with hallmark? Halfmoon (with crown) was official sign for silver after 1886. Does anyone recognise who is on the heads? Who's this wappen is, prussia? And on the end does anyone saw any similar prussian order? Somehow, by feeling it doesnt looks me like ordinary part of jewellry. In the former times esp 18th and beging of 19th century, orders were done also in such way with filigree, i remeber some russian orders done in filigree....

This piece doesn't resemble in style, quality or overall design to any state award to any country that I've seen before.

If another GMIC member can show me another legitimate example like it, I would gladly admit to being educated to their existence. 

However, I am interested in the breast star you inadvertently displayed in the last photo.  What is that?   

Edited by Claudius

I bought it in this lot which makes it possibly interesting, der tapferkeit from austrian prussian war 1866, with inscription attached to ribbon on awarding, this strange prussian cross and imperial russian cross of st george

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

The rivets on the reverse imply that the frontal elements are presumably reused from real pieces (a "common" practice in low tier jewellery). 

But take, f.ex. central medallion, it only resembles the common Prussian medal design, but not quite the same. I cannot match it to other Prussian medals. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is custom made up after medal's design.