Gentleman's Military Interest Club
LarryT

Post your Wehrmacht Chaplain photos here

LarryT   

Please post your Wehrmacht Chaplain photos. They can be from any branch of the Wehrmacht.

I will start with this Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer ( military Chaplain) portrait.

Cheers,

Larry

Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer (Chaplain).jpg

LarryT   

Very nice Morten, thanks for contributing to this thread.

Heer Chaplain. Note the white coffin.

Cheers,

Larry

Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer.jpg

nesredep   
5 hours ago, LarryT said:

Very nice Morten, thanks for contributing to this thread.

Heer Chaplain. Note the white coffin.

Cheers,

Larry

Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer.jpg

Very Nice and interesting Photo.Always glad to contribut,contributing creates activety.

Bayern   

Hello : White coffin with royal crown , catholic chaplain , inciense bearer altar boy , interesting . a high ranked dead .

LarryT   
17 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello : White coffin with royal crown , catholic chaplain , inciense bearer altar boy , interesting . a high ranked dead .

Possibly someone from the aristocracy being buried.

Here is a Heer Chaplain presiding over a Luftwaffe funeral. I believe Goring forbade chaplains in Luftwaffe ranks.

41.jpg

Bayern   

The crown is a royal not a mere aristocracy crown , and yes , Goering forbade the chaplains into his" Luftwaffe . My Luftwaffe is nazi saids the pompous kerl . but as most of the members of the LW were believers , they got in the need of lend a chaplain from the Heer or the KM . curiously the Waffen SS of Himmler allowed the muslims of the Handschar division to have a imam and to the finns of the volunteer finnish bataillon of the Waffen SS to have a protestant chaplain .

LarryT   
1 hour ago, Bayern said:

The crown is a royal not a mere aristocracy crown , and yes , Goering forbade the chaplains into his" Luftwaffe . My Luftwaffe is nazi saids the pompous kerl . but as most of the members of the LW were believers , they got in the need of lend a chaplain from the Heer or the KM . curiously the Waffen SS of Himmler allowed the muslims of the Handschar division to have a imam and to the finns of the volunteer finnish bataillon of the Waffen SS to have a protestant chaplain .

Thank you Bayern for your informative reply. If the crown is a royal symbol I wonder who was being buried.

A Heer officer pays his respects to fallen comrades. A Chaplain can be seen standing far right of photo.

Cheers,

Larry58b7cabb8b90b_BurialwithWehrmachtkriegspfarrer.thumb.jpg.04b7a2b9845ff107bf6b1215cbb48a91.jpg

nesredep   
6 hours ago, LarryT said:

Thank you Bayern for your informative reply. If the crown is a royal symbol I wonder who was being buried.

A Heer officer pays his respects to fallen comrades. A Chaplain can be seen standing far right of photo.

Cheers,

Larry58b7cabb8b90b_BurialwithWehrmachtkriegspfarrer.thumb.jpg.04b7a2b9845ff107bf6b1215cbb48a91.jpg

Another Nice photo from Your great Collection.

Hello All!

One more from my KM Photo Collection!

treqrereqr.jpg

LarryT   

Very nice photo showing a KM Chaplain. Do you know where the photo was taken. Seems some family were present, widow perhaps?

Here is an in the field photo showing a Chaplain performing what I think is Holy Communion.

Cheers,

Larry

185.jpg

nesredep   

Hello LarryT!

Sorry no name and text buth on the Photo is a Die Dienstelle Feldpostnummer 4398!

Best from Norway.

dien.jpg

LarryT   
23 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hello LarryT!

Sorry no name and text buth on the Photo is a Die Dienstelle Feldpostnummer 4398!

Best from Norway.

dien.jpg

I turned your photo around and I'm pretty sure that your FP number is 43987

FP 43987

28.2.1941 - 29.7.1941 Hafenschutz-Flottille Nordholland

8.9.1942 - 11.3.1943 Hafenschutz-Flottille IJmuiden

See: http://www.axishistory.com/about-ahf/366-germany-kriegsmarine/kriegsmarine-sicherungsstreitkraefte/6603-hafenschutzflottille-nordholland

Cheers,

Larry

dien.jpg.065043c0c9219679b84ab0e56314d596.jpg

Closer view. You can just make out the 7.

dien.jpg.065043c0c9219679b84ab0e56314d596.jpg

nesredep   
27 minutes ago, LarryT said:

Yes, definitely looks like a 7 to me.

Cheers,

Larry

I agree!

Cheers,Morten.

LarryT   

Heer Chaplain presiding over a burial somewhere in Russia. From an Inf. Rgt.19 album.

Cheers,

Larry

49.jpg