Jump to content
Gentleman's Military Interest Club
LarryT

Post your Wehrmacht Chaplain photos here

Recommended Posts

LarryT   

Please post your Wehrmacht Chaplain photos. They can be from any branch of the Wehrmacht.

I will start with this Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer ( military Chaplain) portrait.

Cheers,

Larry

Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer (Chaplain).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarryT   

Very nice Morten, thanks for contributing to this thread.

Heer Chaplain. Note the white coffin.

Cheers,

Larry

Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nesredep   
5 hours ago, LarryT said:

Very nice Morten, thanks for contributing to this thread.

Heer Chaplain. Note the white coffin.

Cheers,

Larry

Wehrmachtkriegspfarrer.jpg

Very Nice and interesting Photo.Always glad to contribut,contributing creates activety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bayern   

Hello : White coffin with royal crown , catholic chaplain , inciense bearer altar boy , interesting . a high ranked dead .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarryT   
17 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello : White coffin with royal crown , catholic chaplain , inciense bearer altar boy , interesting . a high ranked dead .

Possibly someone from the aristocracy being buried.

Here is a Heer Chaplain presiding over a Luftwaffe funeral. I believe Goring forbade chaplains in Luftwaffe ranks.

41.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bayern   

The crown is a royal not a mere aristocracy crown , and yes , Goering forbade the chaplains into his" Luftwaffe . My Luftwaffe is nazi saids the pompous kerl . but as most of the members of the LW were believers , they got in the need of lend a chaplain from the Heer or the KM . curiously the Waffen SS of Himmler allowed the muslims of the Handschar division to have a imam and to the finns of the volunteer finnish bataillon of the Waffen SS to have a protestant chaplain .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarryT   
1 hour ago, Bayern said:

The crown is a royal not a mere aristocracy crown , and yes , Goering forbade the chaplains into his" Luftwaffe . My Luftwaffe is nazi saids the pompous kerl . but as most of the members of the LW were believers , they got in the need of lend a chaplain from the Heer or the KM . curiously the Waffen SS of Himmler allowed the muslims of the Handschar division to have a imam and to the finns of the volunteer finnish bataillon of the Waffen SS to have a protestant chaplain .

Thank you Bayern for your informative reply. If the crown is a royal symbol I wonder who was being buried.

A Heer officer pays his respects to fallen comrades. A Chaplain can be seen standing far right of photo.

Cheers,

Larry58b7cabb8b90b_BurialwithWehrmachtkriegspfarrer.thumb.jpg.04b7a2b9845ff107bf6b1215cbb48a91.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nesredep   
6 hours ago, LarryT said:

Thank you Bayern for your informative reply. If the crown is a royal symbol I wonder who was being buried.

A Heer officer pays his respects to fallen comrades. A Chaplain can be seen standing far right of photo.

Cheers,

Larry58b7cabb8b90b_BurialwithWehrmachtkriegspfarrer.thumb.jpg.04b7a2b9845ff107bf6b1215cbb48a91.jpg

 

Another Nice photo from Your great Collection.

Hello All!

 

One more from my KM Photo Collection!

treqrereqr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarryT   

Very nice photo showing a KM Chaplain. Do you know where the photo was taken. Seems some family were present, widow perhaps?

Here is an in the field photo showing a Chaplain performing what I think is Holy Communion.

Cheers,

Larry

185.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nesredep   

Hello LarryT!

 

Sorry no name and text buth on the Photo is a Die Dienstelle Feldpostnummer 4398!

 

Best from Norway.

dien.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarryT   
23 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hello LarryT!

 

Sorry no name and text buth on the Photo is a Die Dienstelle Feldpostnummer 4398!

 

Best from Norway.

dien.jpg

I turned your photo around and I'm pretty sure that your FP number is 43987

FP 43987

28.2.1941 - 29.7.1941 Hafenschutz-Flottille Nordholland

8.9.1942 - 11.3.1943 Hafenschutz-Flottille IJmuiden

See: http://www.axishistory.com/about-ahf/366-germany-kriegsmarine/kriegsmarine-sicherungsstreitkraefte/6603-hafenschutzflottille-nordholland

Cheers,

Larry

dien.jpg.065043c0c9219679b84ab0e56314d596.jpg

Closer view. You can just make out the 7.

dien.jpg.065043c0c9219679b84ab0e56314d596.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nesredep   
27 minutes ago, LarryT said:

Yes, definitely looks like a 7 to me.

Cheers,

Larry

I agree!

 

Cheers,Morten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarryT   

Heer Chaplain presiding over a burial somewhere in Russia. From an Inf. Rgt.19 album.

Cheers,

Larry

49.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×