News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post your Wehrmacht Chaplain photos here

On 31/05/2018 at 04:54, Odulf said:

Not only the Roman Catholic Chaplain wears a neck-cross, also the Protestant Chaplains (Evangelische) wears a cross, but without the "Corpus" (body of Christ). On official "business" the RC Chalpains also wears the "stola", a coloured scarf.

The "all white" funeral was not uncommon for nobility. When in 1934 Prince Henry of Mecklenburg, who was married to Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands, died he had an all white funeral. Also, when Queen Wilhelmina died (1962), her funeral was in white.

Hi Odulf,

Thanks for the information.

Cheers,

Larry

• 1 month later...

Three photos from a large series of photos depicting the burial of members of 13 Vorposten-Flottille;

Of the 750 men who served with 13 Vorposten-Flottille 202 were KIA and 293 were wounded.

Cheers,

Larry

img078.jpg

img085.jpg

graves.jpg

Edited by LarryT

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:27, LarryT said:

Three photos from a large series of photos depicting the burial of members of 13 Vorposten-Flottille;

Of the 750 men who served with 13 Vorposten-Flottille 202 were KIA and 293 were wounded.

Cheers,

Larry

img078.jpg

img085.jpg

graves.jpg

Hi Larry,

Wow,this is some very Nice Photos.Congrats and thanks for sharing With us!

Cheers,Morten.

• 11 months later...
    On 04/03/2017 at 12:45, nesredep said:

Hello LarryT!

Sorry no name and text buth on the Photo is a Die Dienstelle Feldpostnummer 4398!

Best from Norway.

dien.jpg

Hello Morten,

where did you get these pictures from? I own the same pictures from the funeral.

Greetings from Germany 

Emerick!

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:51, Emerick said:

Hello Morten,

where did you get these pictures from? I own the same pictures from the funeral.

Greetings from Germany 

Emerick!

Hi,

Duplicates of images exist and are not uncommon. I have purchased pictures from a German Militaria selling many years ago but do not remember Company.Har several thousand Pictures so dificult to remember!

Cheers, Morten.