News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I bought this at a local show today. I have never turned one of these up before. Is this ribbon the correct one for this medal? It seems to be the right age and a nice long piece!!! Another little group to hunt for. This medal seems pretty delicate for being struck from iron. Post them if you got 'em.

Then I am am totally satisfied. This was hidden way in the bottom of a dealers case. I just saw enough of the medal sticking out to realize what it was. The ribbon was a nice surprise as I could not see it until it was dug out.

Well, you have a rather astounding find. Only the third NC version of the Napoleonic series I have ever seen. These cmpaign medals were awarded in 1813, 1814, 1813-14, 1815 and 1813-15 !! Quite the variations to try and search for!

Very nice indeed. Do you guys have access to the old OMM magazines. I finally got number 98 including an article about those combatant medals. Dr. Sauerwald claims there, that those having the round arms where coined in Paris in 1814, which explains there is none 1815, while the others are coind in Berlin later.

P.S.: Congrats to the ribbon. Those are extremely hard to find

• 4 months later...

Hello Gents, to revive a slightly old thread....I have just picked this up today. This information in this thread helped me decide on the purchase, so thanks to everyone!

cheers

Jason

Very nice medals :beer:

I had one with a ribbon in my hand a few month ago, at a local collectors meeting from another forum.

We discussed a quite interesting question:

The "C" at the ring of these medals...what does is it stands for? Makers mark?

Does anybody have an answer?

Greetings

Solomon