News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thanks to Dave Danner and Gunnar Soderbaum's corrections on another thread re: Hptm. Böhmer of FA(A) 213, I would like to know more about this Boehmer who I believe served as CO of FA(A) 240 in 1918. Please help if you can. All much appreciated. Walfisch

(From Dave Danner) Plato Boehmer served in IR 93 from 1901-11. He was in IR 21 when the war started and later went to the Fliegertruppe. Despite the IR 93 connection (he also retired with the uniform of that regiment), he did not receive the Friedrichkreuz during the war. Plato Boehmer's HOH3X was gazetted in the Militär-Wochenblatt on 12.6.1917.  The delay from award to publication in the MWB could be from a matter of weeks to 1 to 2 months.

These tidbits come from Rick Duivan and Dr. Dieter Groschel and are thought by G. Soderbaum to apply to Boehmer......

08/09/17 - to FAA 221 - to 21 Aug 17

08/22/17 - AFP 4 or 2 ?

This link provides a pretty comprehensive photo/roster of FAA 240 personnel including Boehmer: http://www.buddecke.de/faa240roster.htm   

Hi Rob

Plato started the War within the Luftschiffertruppe then later in 1914 he went back to his Regiment. In summer 1915 he started training to observer and he served in the autumn of 1915 in BAO. During 1916 he served in support- and homeland units.

Early 1917 he was back at the front serving within FA 1. In 0717 he was transferred to AFP 4 and after a short stay as stv of FAA 221 he was posted further to AFP 2. Before taking command of FAA 240 in the autumn of 1917 he shortly served at FAA 225. He apparently led FAA 240 until demobilization. For most of these movements I only have approximate dates.  

Eventually he received the Hohenzollern award on 210517 but I dont knew where I got this info from.

The photo gallery provided Tobias Weber is really nice.

Gunnar