News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ORDER OF PATRIOTIC WAR II CLASS Suspension Type QUESTION

Just recently purchased the Order of Patriotic War II class suspension type variation. Can any experts or long time collectors of soviet orders/medals share their opinions on authenticity. Real, fake, partially authentic (maybe suspension is a replacement?). All your help is much appreciated! Thank you

order1.jpg

order2.jpg

order3.jpg

order4.jpg

Hello, Brian1941

IMHO, I am in doubt... The screw plate is not from such OPW2. The hanging device is questionable by these photos. And finally the order it self. I don't like the sabre guard - too thin.

I don't mention the enamel repair. This might not be a problem depending on your collection criteria. I usually don't mind f.ex. if the research is good.

IMHO of course. Maybe someone else have an opinion.

Edited by Egorka

On 3/28/2017 at 04:32, Eric Gaumann said:

I'm not an expert but I don't see anything that stands out as being bad here.

Thank you

On 3/28/2017 at 06:23, Egorka said:

Hello, Brian1941

IMHO, I am in doubt... The screw plate is not from such OPW2. The hanging device is questionable by these photos. And finally the order it self. I don't like the sabre guard - too thin.

I don't mention the enamel repair. This might not be a problem depending on your collection criteria. I usually don't mind f.ex. if the research is good.

IMHO of course. Maybe someone else have an opinion.

Thank you I had doubts about the screw plate myself. Could be from suspension bravery medal? And yes, it looks like the enamel on two rays were replaced