News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is this uniform medal ribbon?

Dear all

I collect an uniform recently in Australia. But I do not know about the medal ribbon meaning...

From this navy uniform, I think this people should be lieutenant junior grade in his rank. But I do not any others information.

Thank you~~~

222028518000345159.jpg

328744582686028418.jpg

663068835995252018.jpg

1939-45 Star (six months at sea on operations), Atlantic Star (another six months service in the Atlantic), Africa Star (service probably in the Mediterranean), Burma Star with clasp for Pacific Star (Far East service Indian Ocean and Pacific), War Medal with Mention in Despatches, Long Service and Good Conduct Medal (15 years' service in the ranks without disciplinary offences or adverse conduct reports.

Rank is that of Lieutenant.  Obviously commissioned after long service. If we could make out the name it might be possible to identify him.

I think it's Lt. Harry Morris Clark who in 1956 was a Commissioned Gunner.

I haven't tracked down his Mention, but I'll try the British Medals Forum - the experts there will probably tell me what he had for breakfast July 2, 1944. :D

All in all, that is quite a find!

Michael

Edited by Michael Johnson
    further information