News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Al Merito En Campana

J Temple-West

• Replies 63
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I think that the LC members received the Spanish decorations in 1939 even though some documents are dated 1938.

This cross is IMO later to the LC, may be for the Azul Div members.

jacques

[attachmentid=33948]

Hello Gents, I have a Silver Grade and A Gold Grade of the same badge. The width of each is about 63mm, and they are both in Mint condition. My question is are they authentic and what period would they be from. It was also my understnading the at one time the Enlisted Men were awarded the Silver and the Officers were awarded the Gold. One other point of interest is that mine do not have swords, I would assume this was a non combatant? Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

The second cross "cruz de guerra" is IMO post 1939 and attributed to the members of the Spanish Blue Division.

The first one was not awarded to the LC members. your cross with the white stripes was for the "pensioned". It seems that the crown is broken. The crosses with white stripes were never awarded to german LC members.

Anyway, it is fine crosses

jacques

Jacques, thank you for the information on the crosses. I do have a couple questions, are they considered WW II aka pre 1945? A cross for someone persioned, do you mean like a retired administrator? Finally please point out where the cross is broken, I may have missed something. Can you tell me where the crown is broken, because it may be a reflection, there are not chips, nicks or cracks to the enamel. Thanks in advance.

Now that I look at the photo of the Silver Grade I can see the swords! So I could have missed something on the crown of the Gold Grade.

Edited by Matt

Jacques, thank you for the information on the crosses. I do have a couple questions, are they considered WW II aka pre 1945? A cross for someone persioned, do you mean like a retired administrator? Finally please point out where the cross is broken, I may have missed something. Can you tell me where the crown is broken, because it may be a reflection, there are not chips, nicks or cracks to the enamel. Thanks in advance.

Now that I look at the photo of the Silver Grade I can see the swords! So I could have missed something on the crown of the Gold Grade.

Sorry for the red cross. it is not broken, just I didn't saw the crown which is very small. the "cruz de guerra", as I said is war period but also post war (Franco period). It could have been awarded to members of the Azul Div.

Concerning the word of "Pension" for the red cross, may be Panzerpionnier will give further explanation. But sure , it has been not awarded to german LC members, but to an high ranking spanish officer.

jacques

Well gents it looks like there are several real nice crosses out there and even some nice variation like the one jacques has posted. I would assume that larger points are from a different maker? We have now seen several nice examples and I would like to thank you all for sharing yours and your comments. While surfing eBay last evening I found a very nice Cased Spanish Order similar to the crosses show here. I am not sure of the era; however, I am certain it is a very nice example, even the pin is engraved! if you would like to have a look try the link below. Again thank you all. :beer:

eBay Order

Edited by Matt

Well gents it looks like there are several real nice crosses out there and even some nice variation like the one jacques has posted. I would assume that larger points are from a different maker? We have now seen several nice examples and I would like to thank you all for sharing yours and your comments. While surfing eBay last evening I found a very nice Cased Spanish Order similar to the crosses show here. I am not sure of the era; however, I am certain it is a very nice example, even the pin is engraved! if you would like to have a look try the link below. Again thank you all. :beer:

eBay Order

Very nice cross indeed, but not for LC members.

jacques

MichaW, that is impressive - what a document. I have a large book called Condecoraciones Espanolas By Gomez that has a whole line of fantastic photos seperated by tissue. The photos and book are of the same quality and style as your document. Great Document and Cross.

MichaW, that is impressive - what a document. I have a large book called Condecoraciones Espanolas By Gomez that has a whole line of fantastic photos seperated by tissue. The photos and book are of the same quality and style as your document. Great Document and Cross.

Actually the author's FIRST surname is "Fernandez de la Puente". "Gomez" was his SECOND surname... we have TWO surnames in Spain (one from our father and another from our mother).

That book sells for about US$ 1000. Nice plates but heavily retouched.

Edited by Panzerpionier