News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Awards of the Slovak Republic after 1993

On 21. 4. 2017 at 19:21, nickstrenk said:

6.Slovak Red Cross

There are some awards of this instution.I can show only the most common-Medal of Josef Jánský.The medal for blood donors is in 4 grades

Bronze medal  -for 10 non-contributory giving of blood-red ribbon

Silver                for 20                                                    blue ribbon

Gold                 for 40                                                    white ribbon

Medal is 26 mm in diameter .Made from bronze ,sivered,gilted.

I have not got the picture of the Platinum grade for 60 blood giving.

There some more versions of this award.The reverse of the medal is plate.

6789082461_1.jpg

6789696640_3.jpg

6789696640_1.jpg

The Brilliant or Platinum  Medal-for 60 blood giving,bronze gilted.

6840166471_3.jpg

6840166471_2.jpg

• Replies 63
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commemorative Medal of the National Security Director

Established in 2007.Diameter 40mm, made from white metal

73981821.jpg

rnbu.jpg

Medal for Merit in Slovak Information Service

There are 3 grades of this award.

Diameter 38mm,made from brass

73981791.jpg

sr.jpg

Medal for Service in Railroad Police

There are 3 grades of this award

Made from brass,diameter 39 mm

73981739.jpg

žr.jpg

Commemorative Medal for Service in Railroad Police

Diameter 4 cm.

Material -bronze.

For Exemplary Service in Administration of Customs

In the picture is the medal of the 2 nd grade.White metal,diameter 3,5 cm.

The ribbon of the medal is the same like in the Commemorative Medal of 50 anniversary of Slovak National Uprising.

Medals of this administration are very rare.

Snímek 005.jpg

Snímek 006.jpg

Snímek 003.jpg

Snímek 004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    On 3. 6. 2017 at 17:04, nickstrenk said:

Commemorative Medal for Service in Railroad Police

Diameter 4 cm.

Material -bronze.

For Exemplary Service in Administration of Customs

In the picture is the medal of the 2 nd grade.White metal,diameter 3,5 cm.

The ribbon of the medal is the same like in the Commemorative Medal of 50 anniversary of Slovak National Uprising.

Medals of this administration are very rare.

Snímek 005.jpg

Snímek 006.jpg

Snímek 003.jpg

Snímek 004.jpg

The picture of the 1st grade of the award of the Customs Goverment.The ribbon of the 1st grade is the same as in the Commemorative Medal of the 50th anniversary of the victory over fascism.

74408681.jpg

The Commemorative medal of the battalion of the sudden operation.

Obverse-the titlle-The battalion of the sudden operation

Reverse 1995-2005 The anniversary of the formation-battalion.

And the motto of Ľudovít Štur:The way back is impossible,it is necessary to go ahead.

74408076.jpg

r.jpg

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Very nice, Nick, thank you for sharing.

May I be cheeky and ask if you'd permit me to use these images (with acknowledgement, of course) on my website?

Megan,thanks for apprecation.You can use them,of course.It will be a geat honour for me.It si a pity I cannot show any state awards,there are only 5 of them:Orders of White Two-Cross,Andrej Hlinka,Ľudovít Štúr,M.R.Štefaník,Prince Pribina.I do not own any of them,but later I will show some of them,because some of my friends have some.

I am showing the awards of branches.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

For Service in Slovak Police Corps-for years in service .1 gr.-20,2 gr.-15,3 gr.-10years

75624008.jpg

pr1.jpg

75624032.jpg

pr2.jpg

75624052.jpg

A,The Medal of the Unit of Military Police-Topoľčany

B,The Medail-5th Aniverssary of the Academy for Noncommissed Officers of L..Gabriš Škultéty

https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladislav_Škultéty-Gábriš

75573165.jpg

vpt.jpg

75573122.jpg

par.jpg

Edited by nickstrenk

Commemorative Medal of the 50 anniversary of the Slovak National Uprising.In the front side we can see the partisans going in the mountains.The back side is plain.Diameter 3 cm.Material-bronze.The medal was awarded by the Ministry of the National Defence.My mother as a wife of the partisan also received this medal.I also have this medal gold plated,it was for the prominent  people.

Next medal-Commemorative Medal of the 60 anniversary of the Slovak National Uprising.Diameter 3,5cm.In the front side we can see the call word-Mor ho!It was a slogan of the Free Slovak Radio in Banská Bystrica,that calls people to change the Regime.It is also a tittle of Samo Chalupkas poem about a tribe that did not want to be slaves of the Roman Empire and they preferred the death with the weapon in hand.The medal was awarded by the Union of the Slovak Antifascists.

6907756151.jpg

6907756151_2.jpg

6907653422.jpg

6907653422_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The versions of Commemorative Medals in Gold-bronze gilted.I do not exactly know for whom they were issued.Probably for some prominent persons.I have not met anybody who has them.Or an official issue?

The second medal is the 50th Anniversary of the Victory over Fascism.The diameter 3cm.

A few days ago I was bidding this rare medal,but when I got the information,my friend was taking part in auction,I stopped biding.

The next version of the Commemorative Medal of the 50th Anniversary of the Slovak National Uprising.

Snímek 005.jpg

Snímek 006.jpg

520000000.jpg

520000001.jpg

• 6 months later...

Yesterday one person offered this medal to me.The medal is quite interesting,but too new.So I do not collect them.Though I had it a few years ago.Despite of the fact I decided to show it.I am sorry I did not find in the internet better photos of the reverse.I am not sure about the dimension of the medal-35mm?Material-white medal.

Commemorative Medal for Participation in the Fight against Fascism and for the Liberation of Homeland.

IMG_20180305_223458_BURST001_COVER.jpg

thumb_boj_proti_fasizmu_back.jpg

Commemorative Medal of the 60th Anniversary of the End of World War II

Diameter-4cm,and the  medal without the ribbon .Both of them were awarded to one person.

I am sorry because of the  reverse ,it is from the internet

2000.jpg

thumb_60rokov_ww2_back.JPG

Edited by nickstrenk

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I have a question, if ounce I decide to go to Bratislava, is there a chance that antique shop got some medals ? I mean medals from Post 1993 Slovakia ?

Regards.

Emmanuel

4 hours ago, heusy68 said:

Hello Gentlemen,

I have a question, if ounce I decide to go to Bratislava, is there a chance that antique shop got some medals ? I mean medals from Post 1993 Slovakia ?

Regards.

Emmanuel

Molnoši Milan, Lazaretská 11  , 81108 Bratislava,        You can find something here ,but I also can help you.What are looking for exactly?I have got some medals for sale if you want.
    Edited by nickstrenk

• 1 month later...

Hi Nick,

I'm a new member on the forum, was wondering if you could help with some information.  I have a medal mounting business in South Australia which caters mainly to Australian Military and Emergency Service personnel.  I have recently been asked by a client if I can get ribbon for a Slovakian medal which you have posted a photograph on this topic - "11..Commemorative Medal for participation in Military Operation."  Are you able to give me any contact details for any person or business I can contact to ask about getting a couple of metres of that ribbon?

I'd appreciate any help you can give, thanks.

Craig

11 hours ago, Craig Cocks said:

Hi Nick,

I'm a new member on the forum, was wondering if you could help with some information.  I have a medal mounting business in South Australia which caters mainly to Australian Military and Emergency Service personnel.  I have recently been asked by a client if I can get ribbon for a Slovakian medal which you have posted a photograph on this topic - "11..Commemorative Medal for participation in Military Operation."  Are you able to give me any contact details for any person or business I can contact to ask about getting a couple of metres of that ribbon?

I'd appreciate any help you can give, thanks.

Craig

Craig,do you mean this award?It is not easy to get the ribbon,I do not work the material.But the medal is not expensive,it is not difficult to buy it.30-40euro?

mk.JPG

Hi Nick,

Yes that is the one I mean.  Do you know of any company which makes that ribbon or sells it to medal mounting businesses?

If I do a remount of a client's medals I would need a minimum length of 250mm of that ribbon to properly mount the medal in the way Australians wear them when I include it in their medal group, so I would like to buy at least a 2 metre length of the ribbon if I can.

Do you have any of those medals you could sell?  If so, what length of ribbon would come with the medal please?  Also, I expect the bar which is on the ribbon must be bought separately, can you tell me where I could buy those if needed?

Craig

Edited by Craig Cocks

9 hours ago, Craig Cocks said:

Hi Nick,

Yes that is the one I mean.  Do you know of any company which makes that ribbon or sells it to medal mounting businesses?

If I do a remount of a client's medals I would need a minimum length of 250mm of that ribbon to properly mount the medal in the way Australians wear them when I include it in their medal group, so I would like to buy at least a 2 metre length of the ribbon if I can.

Do you have any of those medals you could sell?  If so, what length of ribbon would come with the medal please?  Also, I expect the bar which is on the ribbon must be bought separately, can you tell me where I could buy those if needed?

Craig

Sorry,Craig,but I do not have any information about the company that produces the ribbons to this medal.Personally ,i do not have this medal in property,but it is not difficult to buy it in veterans.Lenght of the ribbon?8-9cm ,I do not know.I do not collect these medals.

I do not know if it is possible to buy the medal abroad,but in Slovakia it si possible.If you need the medal in the future I can ask the dealers in the Collectors Meeting ,27.10.Sooner,not.