Jump to content
Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Recommended Posts

My grandfather Robert Elwyn Micheal served in the Welsh Fusillers during WW2 but i can not find any reference to him he was a regular soldier. my grandkids want to march on ANZAC Day with my medals and i would like them to march with his too. any help would be appreciated

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


As you have found there are not a great many online records regarding WW2 service due to time limits imposed for the release of records.

I believe that as a direct descendant of your Grandfather you can apply for his Service Record via the MOD here in Britain and this will obviously carry a cost.

Try posting your enquiry on the British Medal Forum if you get no other replies, they should be able to assist.

Sorry can't be more helpful,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try applying here https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

You'll need to fill out a Request Form and a Search Form but if you don't have your grandfather's service number you might not get far. The search form does stipulate service number and/or date of birth must be included.

Another problem could be payment, when I applied for my grandfather's record I had to arranged for a relative in the UK to make payment for me as it had to be in Sterling.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now