News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovakia -Badges of Shock-Workers and the Best Workers

It has been raining outside for long time,and I am very bored.So doing nothing I decided to create a new topic-Badges of Best Workers.These badges are very popular among the collectors in Slovakia and in the Czech Republic.The bagdes for the shock workers-najlepší-the best,zaslúžilý-deserved,vzorný-exemplary came into being in the 30years of the 20 century,but the explosion of awarding by them we can see mostly in the 50th.Not everybody could get the state award,so some Ministeries or the branches of industries decided to create their own awards.These awards-badges were  given to the best workers mostly in silver,numberred,with  certificates,so when the bagdes are appear for sale,mostly at aukro.cz ,they are sold for a big money.I am sure I had a very big collection of the badges,but reducing my collection I decided to leave only a few.I would like to introduce the badges I left.

Most of all I like the best workers of some kinds of transport.The badges are in red etuis 7,5cmx7,5cm.Dimension of the badge is 3,5cmx5cm.

1,The best Worker of the Railway Transpot.Sorry,I can show only the obverse of the bagde

2.The best worker of the Bus ,Truck Carrying.I have also the certifificate,40x30cm.

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

dl.JPG

3.The best worker of the Ship ,Boat carrying

IMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

db.JPG

Edited by nickstrenk

11.-12.-13.The best worker of Ministry of Machine-Building-it is taken from internet

of Engineering   -2 versions,right is more interesting

of General Engineering  upside

all in silver

6796020786_4.jpg

Snímek 005.jpg

6796020786.jpg

Snímek 006.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to add some more pictures of the bagdes.Some of them are mine,some I took from internet.

14.Central Administration of Water Economy

15.Ministry of Precise Machine-Building

16.Ministry of Cars and Agriculture machines

1.jpg

3.jpg

nejlep1a.jpg

nejlep1b.jpg

17.Exemplary Of Foreign Trade

18.The Best of Foreign Trade

z1.jpg

z1a.jpg

005.jpg

rzo.jpg

19.The best of Water and Forest Economy

20.Exemplary of Ministry of Culture

4.jpg

6202921094_1.jpg

IMG_6012.jpg

1982374868_2.jpg

21.The Best Worker of Heavy Machine-Building

22.The Best of Food Industry

tjazh1.jpg

tjazh1a.jpg

6565680184.jpg

6565680184_1.jpg

These badges I am not able to identify exactly,so I will try to guess.

23.The Best in Printing?

24.For Merit in Newspapering?It is interesting-no star in the design of the badge but the picture of Julius Fučík.

Simply I did not have any certificates with these badges.

5378331830.jpg

5378331830_2.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

• 7 months later...

Fascinating display. Is there any program of recognition of professional achievement in place today? 

I don’t think our government experimented with non-military “attaboy” awards, but many private companies as well as endowment funds provided recognition of special achievement in various areas of industry and the arts. I suspect that many of the high-achievers of all of our countries took the position of: “Thanks, but if I’m that good, how about some extra money!”. 

That being said, these awards are a great reminder that everybody likes to hear the boss recognize an employee for a job well done. 

1 hour ago, Mike McLellan said:

Fascinating display. Is there any program of recognition of professional achievement in place today? 

I don’t think our government experimented with non-military “attaboy” awards, but many private companies as well as endowment funds provided recognition of special achievement in various areas of industry and the arts. I suspect that many of the high-achievers of all of our countries took the position of: “Thanks, but if I’m that good, how about some extra money!”. 

That being said, these awards are a great reminder that everybody likes to hear the boss recognize an employee for a job well done. 

Mike,I am glad you like the topic.These bagdes came into being more than 60 years ago in early 50th.The example for them were the Soviet badges from the 30th years.Czechoslovak badges in siver were  bestowed in the short time.In the 60th and the 70th the badges of the workers were not in silver,but in bronze or in white metal.

2 hours ago, new world said:

it's sad to see how quality of the badges declined over the years

It is the same with painting,furniture or buildings-churches,cathedrals,minsters...Also awards declined in many countries over the years,too.

• 5 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Some more badges.Notice the marks of silver.

1.The best worker of Elektro Praga

1.jpg

2.jpg

2.The best worker of Transporta Pardubice

3.jpg

4.jpg

3.The deserved worker of Voluntary Sport Society Dynamo

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.The exemplary worker of Czechoslovak Radio

7.jpg

8.jpg