News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents,

a collector friend asked me for help researching Oberst Bruno Zwick.

All I could find about him is:

aus Rangliste das Deutsche Heer 1939:

Stammtruppenteil IR 90, Hauptmannspatent am 01.04.1934

Aus Rangliste 1944 / 45 Nachdruck:

Stammtruppenteil jetzt Gren Rgt 90, Oberstpatent 01.02.1944

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold am 30.05.1942

Im Infanterie-Regiment 41 (mot)

Ehrenblattspange des Heeres am 15.10.1944

Im Grenadier-Regiment 553

This is all I could find about him, no informations about WW1 career

nor a photo of him.

Every help much appreciated

Kind regards

Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

The only 'Zwick' listed in the 1936 Stellenbesetzung is a Haputmann (E) with 15./Inf.Rgt 69 but the seniority date is different being 01.10.1934 so it might not be him.

Your best hope for his WW-1 details is to see if his file is held in NARA, in the A3356 series.

This is his German card file:

1360.thumb.jpg.ded0600e6b65be827401d9a0a71f6d8f.jpg

Usually it is just a continuation of his service such as this example shown here but unfortunately it looks like when NARA originally copied the files they didn't bother (or forgot) to copy the reverse of Zwick's one.

0298.jpg

9 hours ago, Bernhard H.Holst said:

Hello Kevin.

I am not familiar with the cards one of which you pictured in ID 2. However I noticed in the rt. lower corner the mention " wenden" ( turn-over). What would be listed on the reverse, I wonder?

Bernhard H. Holst

Hi Bernhard,

that would have been my next question too.

8 hours ago, hucks216 said:

Usually it is just a continuation of his service such as this example shown here but unfortunately it looks like when NARA originally copied the files they didn't bother (or forgot) to copy the reverse of Zwick's one.

0298.jpg

Hello Kevin,

thank you for the further information.

Regards
    Andreas

• 4 months later...

Bruno Zwick born 01.10.1898 in Stettin. 16 years  old he joined (1915) as volonter the Res.Inf.Rgt 9 in Kolberg. 1 day after he was 17 years old(1917), he got honoured whith the EK II. 1916 he got the Bulgarian "Tapferkeitskreutz". Mai 1917 he was promotet to Lt. d. R. August 1917 he got shot for the first time and recived Ek. I. After the 1 World war he was employed by factorys and banks. He was a Soldier again 1935, Hptm. and Kp.-Chef im IR. 4. 1936, Döberitz. After that Kp.Chef in IR.69(mot). When the 2 World war started he made service in IR.90.(mot). He was a brother of my grandfather.

Hi again Andreas!

Sorry, no such photos at the moment. I will have a look when i am passing Hamburg and Hannover the next time. It will be spring or summer 2018. Bruno lived in Wentorf bei Hamburg, Flurstrasse 1. He had one Child, she is the one to ask, but i can't give you her name this open.

I don't Think Think Everything was on the card as mentioned as it say "Wenden". But if you don't mind I have to take it in German?

Bei Uman wurde er zum zweiten mal verwundet. Fur seinen Einsatz bei Juchnow wurde er mit dem Deutschen Kreuz in Gold ausgezeichnet. Dritten Verwundung am 9. 1. 1942 aber Er blieb bei der Truppe und wurde am 15. 2. 1942 zum vierten Mal verwundet.

Nach Seine 5 Verletzung am 9. 1. 1943 hat Er das goldene Verwundetenabzeichen bekommen.

Nach die auflösung, GR. 553, wegen der starken Verluste Ende September 1944. Wurde Er Kampfkommendan von Frauenburg. Nacher als Kampfkommendant von Dusseldorf eingesetzt. dann im Stab der Heeresgruppe Model.. In Mitte April 1945 in amerikanishe Kriegsgefangenschaft.

I Think this was on the flip side of the card, but not copyed.

My best regards, Jens.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...

Hi Andreas!                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Sorry to say  I just found one Picture of Onkel Bruno, and that is in the Magazin "Alte Kamraden", Nr 10,  Okt 1973. Not a picture worth looking for, he was 75 years of age at that time the picture was taken.                                                                                                                   The page TracesOfWar.com will show you some of his Awards.                                                                                                                                       Yours, Jens.                                                                                                                         

• 7 months later...
    On 07/08/2018 at 14:12, Jens Z said:

Hi Andreas!                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Sorry to say  I just found one Picture of Onkel Bruno, and that is in the Magazin "Alte Kamraden", Nr 10,  Okt 1973. Not a picture worth looking for, he was 75 years of age at that time the picture was taken.                                                                                                                   The page TracesOfWar.com will show you some of his Awards.                                                                                                                                       Yours, Jens.                                                                                                                         

Hi Jens,

sorry for my late reply, thank´s for your answer. I couldn´t find further informations on TracesOfWar.com.

Kind regards and thank´s for your efforts.

Andreas

• 10 months later...