News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sudanesse medal, help to identify?

Hello gentlemen

I am not a collector of medals (yet),  I confess. This nice medal came to my hands through a friend coin seller. My research wasn't fruitful so far, so I came to ask for your help. I'd appreciate it, and if its appropriate in the forum, any form of valuation would help a lot too. Hope its an interesting piece for you also.

Thank you for any input

DSC_2617-1.jpg

DSC_2618-1.jpg

Thanks dear Owain!

Most probably its a common medal, or uninteresting, or simply almost absent from the internet, or...

Anyway, if it has any interest, please tell me... (if not, don't tell me :rolleyes:)

Best regards

Konstantinos

4 hours ago, oamotme said:

Dear Angelok,

This is the 'Medal of Evacuation' awarded to all serving during the evacuation of foreign (British) forces from Sudan.

Kind regards,

Owain

I noticed it also has a lowered Egyptian flag (on the right side). I don't know how I feel about that! :D:D

Aha, and the British flag is coming down on the left hand side. It is not a common medal, but the demand for Sudanese awards is not great. Finding the correct ribbon will be a challenge - 2nd row third from the left (red, white, black, white, black, white, red) - between the Long Service (black white black) and Independence (blue yellow green). Owain

Sudan Ribbon Bar Reverse.jpg

.....and the others, I think:

Order of the Revolution, Order of Bravery, Order of Victory.

Order of National Unity (?), Long & Distinguished Service, Evacuation, Independence.

Merit 1st Class, ????, Egypt Military Star, Egypt 1973 War.

Owain

Once more thank you for the great information.

If I understood well a lot will want it just to take it out of sight...:ninja:

Nevertheless it will take its way in a couple of weeks, so, get on the queue while its early...:D

All the best

Konstantinos